JD 4610 and 48 hoe combo_any experience?: Back Hoe  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review JD 4610 and 48 hoe combo_any experience?: Back Hoe -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-27-2002, 04:52 Post: 44256
Petrops

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 JD 4610 and 48 hoe combo_any experience?

I am lookng for a high 30 or mid 40 hp tractor with backhoe and have come across the JD 4610 with a 48 hoe which seems to offer much of what I am looking for (also considering the Kubota L4630 with 9' Woods or Kubota hoe). I understand that the JD hoe hookup for the 48 is a breeze but someone suggested that the integration of the hoe and mount to the tractor is not as rugged as one might find on a Woods or Kubota hoe. I don't anticipate beating the daylights out of this thing but want to be sure I have the right combo. Does anyone have any experience with putting the JD 4610 (or anything smaller JD) and the 48 hoe through its paces over time?
I also posted this on the John Deere forum so please pardon the duplication and thanks for the help.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

10-27-2002, 06:00 Post: 44260
TomG

TP Contributor

Somebody here probably will comment on matches of hoe to tractors. I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask why a 9' hoe?

I figure that as small a hoe as will get most of the work done is good for a tractor even if a manufacturer says a larger hoe is an OK match. A 9' hoe can produce a lot of leverage on the frame and I that's something that's good to avoid unless necessary.

My 6' hoe has done everything I've needed for my occasional projects. I do have to trench to 5' to get below the 4' frost level here. I have uncovered well heads a bit over 5' and trenched to 4' for electrical feeds. Uncovering septic tanks isn't as deep. Trailer anchors are about 5.5'. The main thing about a small hoe is that the tractor has to be moved more frequently for trenching and that the reach isn't enough to dig wide and deep. I've even helped out in cemeteries with the 6' hoe.

The only thing it hasn't done is a building demolition, which was done with a bit JD tracked hi-hoe and I'd rather contract out that type work anyway. If we carried through with our basement walk-in idea, I would have had to terrace the hole to get it deep and big enough, which would have been a pain but doable. Anyway, digging deep holes that have to be worked in requires shoring and I'd just as soon not tackle such things.

So, there's the argument for my little hoe. What you have to do may be different than my work, but I would keep in mind that sometimes contracting out the big jobs is cheaper. Smaller equipment stresses the tractor less, doesn't cost as much and has less transportation, storage and clearance problems. For most things a small hoe just takes more time. OOPS, I think I'm 'devil's advocating' again and I've already made my case.

10-27-2002, 17:48 Post: 44277
dsg

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Petrops, I have a 48 hoe on my 4700 and have really used it hard and have never had a problem with the sub-frame. I have over 1100 hrs on my machine. mount and dis-mounting are far easier than any other machine I've seen. Once the 3pth is removed, it takes 2-mins. either way (from the tractor seat).

David

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Thread 44256 Filter by Poster:
dsg 1 | Petrops 1 | TomG 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Woods 9000 sub-frame backhoe
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Set up???
+ Kit Built Backhoe Review Advice
+ small backhoe bucket
+ Taylor-Way backhoe Reviews?
+ Case backhoe value-kelly blue book
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ JD model 48 backhoe attachment plates for JD 4600
+ kelly backhoe
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experiences

Most Discussion

+ Backhoes and breaking frames
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Se
+ Back hoe on a sub-compact
+ JD 48 Dipper cylinder
+ TC33D New Holland breaking in
+ THUMB SIZE
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experie
+ Backhoe decision, help !!!!!
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ Backhoe Bucket sizes

Newest Topics

+ Update - Backhoe Attachment
+ woods backhoe bh106 what is the weight
+ Rigid Toplink for 3 point hitch Backhoe
+ 3PH Backhoe Flushing Lines and Cylinders
+ Brands Mfg. 3pt. backhoe
+ LW-6 3 point hitch
+ cub cadet 7205 Which backhoe will fit ??
+ 8LD Bucket
+ LW-6 3ph backboe how to test pump after hydraulic
+ backhoe for deutz agrotron 155cv

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines