3 PT Backhoe fro Ford 1210: Back Hoe  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review 3 PT Backhoe fro Ford 1210: Back Hoe -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 05-19-2002, 09:47 Post: 38784
mutt

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 3 PT Backhoe fro Ford 1210

Is this tractor to small to put a small hoe attachment on? I would be using it for some trenching / drainage work and misc project around the house. I have a loader and don't know whether I can plumb it in to the pump or go with a PTO type pump.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

05-20-2002, 05:24 Post: 38802
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User

A 1210 at 1400 lbs. is pretty small but some pretty small hoes are made. Reading in the archives about possible damage to tractors due to hoes and 3ph mounted hoes in particular would be good. I don't know, but finding a sub-frame mounted hoe for a 1210 seems doubtful. I'm not sure of the hydraulic pump capacity of a 1210, but a hoe of much power might work slowly from the tractor hydraulics.

I have a 3ph Kelley B600 for my Ford 1710. The 1710 weighs 2400 lbs. and has an 8gpm pump. The hoe is a pretty good match for the tractor. The tractor is heavy enough so the hoe doesn't pull the tractor around. The operating speed is acceptable, although a faster boom lift speed would be desirable.

A big thing about trenching is the required depth. There are code requirements for many types of trenches and a small hoe might not have the depth. One thing to be aware of is that hoe specs sometimes state max depth for a hoe. However, you can't actually dig anything at that depth. The deeper the trench, the shorter the stroke that can be dug. At max depth the stroke is zero. Depth with a 2' bottom is a better spec and one that should be available. Also be aware that working at a 2' bottom depth means that the tractor has to be repositioned every 2' of trench. That's an awful lot of climbing on and off the hoe and tractor, pulling up the stabilizers and loader etc, and it really slows the work down.

My hoe is a 6' hoe but I find that trenching work much deeper than 4' starts becoming unacceptably slow. I keep stating my hoe performance for comparison, because I doubt that it's very realistic to mount a 6' hoe on a 1210. I expect that itís realistic to assume much lower capabilities from a 1210. I would check closely that a hoe that's realistic for the tractor is physically capable of doing the required work and in times that are acceptable.

The plumbing for a hoe onto an existing auxiliary system is pretty simple and maybe also is another subject.

06-05-2002, 17:30 Post: 39343
Matt W>
2002-06-05 00:00:00

A few months back I bought a Ford 1310 w/ a FEL. At that time the dealer removed a Woods backhoe form the tractor. I really wanted the hoe but for $2700 I couldn't justify. I do not now which hoe it was but I know it was a Woods. The previuos owner was a small contractor and used it for ditch work (so says the dealer). I hope this was helpful. Incidentally the dealer still has the hoe, which I could get over the $$$ issue. Good luck.

06-06-2002, 06:35 Post: 39353
TomG

TP Contributor

Filter by User

Recently I heard that 1110 and 1210 Fords are considered more as garden than compact tractors. I believe they have aluminum cases and may not be good candidates for backhoes--especially 3ph ones. Far as I know 1310's and up have steel cases. I believe I paid much less in $cdn for a new Kelley 6' 3ph hoe than the used price for the used Woods. Of course they aren't the same hoe, but mine digs just fine for me even if there are fewer worries but less convenience with sub-frame hoes.

06-08-2002, 05:58 Post: 39405
mutt

Filter by User

I wanted to say thanks for all your input. I'll pass on a hoe for this machine. TomG you were right, the rear axle case is aluminum and the pump is rated at 4.3 gpm. I may buy one if I find a super deal...still looking for a good excuse to buy a bigger machine

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Back Hoe Forum

Thread 38784 Filter by Poster:
Matt W> 1 | mutt 2 | TomG 2 |

Most Viewed

+ Woods 9000 sub-frame backhoe
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Set up???
+ Kit Built Backhoe Review Advice
+ small backhoe bucket
+ Taylor-Way backhoe Reviews?
+ Case backhoe value-kelly blue book
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ JD model 48 backhoe attachment plates for JD 4600
+ kelly backhoe
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experiences

Most Discussion

+ Backhoes and breaking frames
+ Backhoe Hydraulic Hose Line Se
+ Back hoe on a sub-compact
+ JD 48 Dipper cylinder
+ TC33D New Holland breaking in
+ THUMB SIZE
+ CADDigger 608 Building Experie
+ Backhoe decision, help !!!!!
+ subframe vs 3 point
+ Backhoe Bucket sizes

Newest Topics

+ Update - Backhoe Attachment
+ woods backhoe bh106 what is the weight
+ Rigid Toplink for 3 point hitch Backhoe
+ 3PH Backhoe Flushing Lines and Cylinders
+ Brands Mfg. 3pt. backhoe
+ LW-6 3 point hitch
+ cub cadet 7205 Which backhoe will fit ??
+ 8LD Bucket
+ LW-6 3ph backboe how to test pump after hydraulic
+ backhoe for deutz agrotron 155cv

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines