Go Bottom Go Bottom

Update - Backhoe Attachment

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-05-16          195186

I was concerned at first because my backhoe attachment (Brands) is a three point attach. I have dug 600' 4' to 4 1/2' thru reclaim. I hit 15 to 20 foot of a buried road bed that was set with rip rap and pack as hard as concrete. I had another section of about 15' of dirt like coleachy, it was so hard the only way to get it was pointing bucket teeth down and raise bucket full hiegth and slam it. I have another 1200' to dig and so far I've been really pleased, nothings broke. I've worked this as hard as you could possibly work a backhoe attachment and tractor and hoe have both held up good.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Update - Backhoe Attachment

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-05          195436

I finished the 1800 ft. dig and layed the sand bed and line. I got it all back filled. It took me 4 weeks of solid working. I hit one bolder the size of a small car. I couldn't move it so I dug around it. The back hoe attatchment did a good job. The only problem I had was some of the roll pins holding the main pivot pins in place had rusted and broke so I shoved my extra clip pins in them. I did dent my bucket beating on some large rocks to loosen them up. The hairiest part was at the meter. They dug it out a little wide and my tires were only half on solid ground. I dug this part carefully as not to jerk the tractor. When I dug thru I got on the tractor and just put in gear when it collapsed and I popped it out as the tractor started to go. This was closer than I ever care to be again. Had the wife up there watching incase so she could call for help if things ent bad. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login