Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rigid Toplink for 3 point hitch Backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-10-31          191319

I need a rigid top link for the used hoe I bought. I can't find anyone who sells them. The hoe manufacturer doesn't make them anymore and no parts left. Anyone have a diagram or good pic so I can see what I need.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-02          191323

I would use the adjustable link. Adjust it until you find the proper length to have the hoe frame vertical.

Measure the center of the pins. get 2 ends from tractor supply and have a solid link welded in.

Me, I'd just use the adjustable link. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-11-06          191345

I've been looking at it and think I can mount pins on the lower frame, change my top pin for a longer one and use two adjustable links like stated to mount from bottom tom top. I think this might work. ....

View my Photos
greyhorse

2014-11-07          191348

Love to see a picture of the hoe when you are done as I am interested in doing something similar. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-11-07          191352

OK, but not sure when that will be. My heated garage isn't available to work in this winter. The hoe is still on the trailer as I have to bring the Foton with the loader home from the lake property to be able to lift it off. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-11-30          191546

Well changed plans Bob on CTOA sent me a diagram. I cut a 1 1/2" x 3" x 6 1/2" block and drilled two 13/16 holes to match attachment and welded 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 solid steel with 1/4" steel gussets. I need to hook up the hoe to get the length. I went to do that and I can't reach far enough with loader to get it off the trailer - will have to think about this. The guy put it on with a big Case loader and I thought I'd be able to get it off with mine - WRONG! ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-12-01          191551

Can you not tow the trailer to a neighbor who has the ability to lift the backhoe nearer to the side of the trailer? Or can you using your tractor lift one end at the time on to say pipe to slide it to the side of the trailer?

I am assuming it is loading with lift pins turned to the side or front of the trailer so backing onto the trailer to hook up is not an option?

What ever you do be careful, lot of weight above you. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-02          191554

I don't know anyone who has anything big enough to lift it off. It's totally sprawled out with the lift pins toward the front lower than the trailer rails. I have a neighbor who has an 8n with a loader I'm thinking maybe we can get on both sides and chain lift it. My concern there is he's 90 years old and we're going to have to be moving together. I know he won't let anyone else operate his tractor. Probably a chance I'm going to have to take. ....

View my Photos
toolate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-12-02          191556

I sure like to do everything I can to spend as little as possible.... but I think you would be better off letting your 90 year old neighbor sit on his porch in peace and not get involved in this endeavor.....you do not need the guilt of hurting him...

There are lots of guys that can do what you need for little bucks but not free ... Land clearing guys have trucks with little cranes that could do it...Tree guys often have cranes.....those two are probably the easiest other than an excavation company ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-03          191562

This isn't your normal 90 year old. This is a very active guy - still takes care of his property himself. A month ago his tube was leaking calcium on his tractor and he was going to take it off himself ( that's a heavy tire). He would have but I stopped him and hauled it on my car hauler down to goodyear. I had to talk him into doing it the easy way. He will actually enjoy helping. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-07          191573

Ok change of plans, the same neighbor has a chain come-a-long. I'm going to find a suitable tree limb and see if I can't lift it this way. Right now the ground is too soft to try it. It warmed up and rained about 4 or 5 inches. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-12-08          191577

Just wondering here: can you lift a point at the time with your tractor and block it up on say 2 by 4s and then slide it on them while on your trailer and it remain stable?

Not knowing the hoe's weight you be careful with using say a tree limb to lift from but have done that. I have used a simple come-a-long to lift just clear of the trailer and slowing drove out from under it. If need be lower air pressure but tree limbs will bow and snap. So can the cable on a come-a-long if over loaded.

I agree with toolate, there are more booms out there than you realize. At least haul it to one and have them reposition it on the trailer.

Now is not the time but learned a few years back, know how it will be unloaded before you load it. Same with planting a crop, know where you will sell it before planting it. kt

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-12-08          191578

Quote:
Originally Posted by yocsr1 | view 191573
Ok change of plans, the same neighbor has a chain come-a-long. I'm going to find a suitable tree limb and see if I can't lift it this way. Right now the ground is too soft to try it. It warmed up and rained about 4 or 5 inches.

See if you have find any ID on that chain come along so you can check its lift rating. Good you are using chain versus cable variety which can be scary....

Maybe you can find two trees you could drive between and run a gluelam beam between them. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-12          191608

I finally got it off!!! I pulled it parallel to a tree and side chained it so it wouldn't swing side ways. I pulled the tractor as close as I could and chained it to the fel. I had to ratchet stap the side towards the tractor to the fel arm to level it, but it didn't swing into the tractor. I placed boards in front of the tractor just in case it would swing into the tractor radiator. It didn't swing at all. I'll be able to hook up to the tractor and get the measurement for the rigid top link I made. Try and do that tomorrow. Today's a good day!!! ....

View my Photos
toolate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-12-12          191609

Nice work... Glad you were able to get it off. Hard to have new tools right there that you cannot get to. It is a wonderful feeling when things that have troubled you for some time get resolved in a good way. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-12          191611

Thanks. Hey Toolate the side chain to a tree idea was from the 90 year old neighbor - he's still sharp as a tack. I think it tickled him more than me that it worked. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-12-13          191628

I hooked the hoe up and got the length measurement for the rigid toplink. I got it cut and drilled the 13/16 hole. It's almost scarey when everything fits right. Got it all hooked up and it's good to go.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login