Go Bottom Go Bottom

3PH Backhoe Flushing Lines and Cylinders

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-10-22          191261

This 3pt backhoe I bought has been sitting long term and runs off the tractor hydraulics. I know most tractors use 46 wt. fluid and mine uses 32 wt. Does anyone know how to flus the lines and cylinders? Larry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
joyce1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-11-09          191377

Unless you know something is terribly wrong with the Hoe I would just let it all mix together as it will and then change all the fluids to whatever your tractor runs on when you want to. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-13          191411

I know it's set a long time. I pushed on the pop ball on a fitting and the fluid looked thick. I just rebuilt my hydraulic box and put new fluid in so I don't want to contaminate the system. ....

View my Photos
bosco2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-11-13          191412

I am not a fan of this as I doubt the fluid in the hoe will cause you any problems after it is filtered. The goop at the ball is probably just at the ball and clean elsewhere, oil does attract dirt there.

So if you still want to proceed you could remove the return hose from the hoe and put it in a bucket tied securely somehow so you don't get shot in the head with hydro fluid. No oil will flow with loader valves in neutral only when the valves are operated, oil that comes back from the hoe cylinders and lines will exit through this hose. Attach the hoe and start tractor and slowly move of hoe levers to push the oil in the bucket, stop when you think it is clear or clean oil. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-11-13          191413

I was wandering about doing that. I figure if I can move some fluid thru it, it would show me real quick the condition of the fluid in it. Just being safe than sorry. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login