Go Bottom Go Bottom

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-10-18          191234

I just bought a 3pt. backhoe attachment from a guy who never used because he didn't have rear hydraulic hook-ups and didn't get around to revamping his tractor. He's the second owner new nothing about it. There's no numbers on it,except for a sticker by the valve pedistal. The sticker says made in Canada by Brand Mfg. Cillawack BC. Anyone know about these? Larry.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-10-19          191237

Brands Welding and Manufacturing
41455 Yarrow Central Rd, Chilliwack, BC V2R 5G5
604-823-4675 ....

Picture Link
Loaders Back Hoes Brands Mfg  3pt  backhoe

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-10-19          191241

Are you telling me it was made in a pole barn. Everything is solid on it. The pins aren't worn. Thanks for the phone number, I'll give them a call. Larry. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-10-20          191247

Just trying to help you get the info you need.

Could be they built the backhoe, imported it, or maybe repaired one built by someone else and put their decal on it.

We have had TP members that have built their own backhoes over the years. Cadplans was one do it yourself that was popular.

A 3 point backhoe without a subframe has some durability and safety issues. Have to be careful to use with caution.

If you have not researched them on TP the link below is a short thread, one of several on 3PH backhoes.

Link:   3 Point Backhoe Advice

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-10-20          191248

The Link is interesting to say the least. Makes sense that the hoe could cause the three point to raise. I was wandering if locking the valve under the seat would stop the 3pt from moving or has anyone came up with another way. I was putting in perf-pipe in pea rock last year. I only had a scoop and was trying to dig with it, which works but time comsuming. A guy down the road came over with a 3pt hoe on a little 20hp tractor and dug 200 plus ft in a heartbeat. That's what created an interest, because one of these days I'll have 1600ft to dig and figured on doing it myself. Larry. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
greyhorse

2014-10-21          191254

Yocsr1,

3PH are designed with the primary purpose of dragging and lifting stuff. The 3PH locking knob only prevents the hitch from descending, it can still move up even with the lock knob tightened.

Greyhorse ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-10-21          191255

I'm really glad you guys informed me about this, because I hadn't thought about that happening. I know thats right because I have a 3pt drawbar attachment that accepts a trailer hitch and if weights in the back of the trailer it will tilt up. I will take a look at fabricating a set of lock downs for it. Larry. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2014-10-31          191318

I called Brand MFG and they did make the hoe. They haven't made them for 10 years now, said they quit when the cheap Chinese hoes hit the market. I asked them about a rigid top link, they don't have any parts left but a couple of replacemnt buckets. They told me I would have to manufacture my own. Larry. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-09          192516

I got the rigid toplink made and everything hooked up. I hooked it up the other day to play and get use to the valves. I'll try to upload a pic. ....

Picture Link

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-09          192517

Picture Link

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-13          192547

My wife says "boys and toys". ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-10-04          193816

I took it out to the lake property and decided to try and dig out the back side of the pond. It's about a 40' x 80' area. Right off the bat I swung it full right and ripped a line out of the fitting. I made the new line a foot longer so that won't happen again. I got a 60' strip dug 8' deep along the back side, after that we had enuogh rain to keep it too soft to get back in thru July. I've got it down pat and that was the reason to play by the pond - just to learn the hoe as I've never ran one before. I told the wife I wasn't going to put anymore hours on tractor playing, because I know what I'm doing now. I'll put the hours on it next year as I have 1800 ft. of water line to put in. It's on reclaim so a trencher is out of the question - too much rock. I'm going to dig the whole run with the hoe attachment 4' deep and make a sand bed to protect the line from rock. The water company asked me to run a tracer line with it, which is automotive wire so years from now the line can be easily found. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-10-05          193817

Do place a tracer wire in the there for your own need to find it later. Also while figuring the water line be sure it is large enough for the run and all needs. Also think will I need power where I am running this now or in near future and run conduit for that if possible. It sure is easier and less work if you can predict all needed in that trench now rather than another dig. Happy digging. kt

If any possibility of buried wires or water or gas lines do have the area checked before you dig there. I hit a underground power line a few weeks back doing some work for a son in law who was sure we were totally clear of it. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-10-05          193821

Wow! I'll bet that was an experience. I already have the power ran. The water co. will bring meter and hook-up past other utilities at the road. They will bring me a 1" meter and told me to run 1" line. I originally wanted to run 1 1/2". It's a small water co. and the main is only 4". The power co. wouldn't let me run water line in same trench. ....

Brands Mfg 3pt backhoe

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-10-09          193850

Got a question. With the boom extended full out it sometimes doesn't want to pull up. If I curl it back it will raise ok. The other cylinders work fine. The hoe runs off tractor hydraulics. Is this a cylinder problem or a pump pressure problem? I'm thinking cylinder because of being an isolated issue. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login