Go Bottom Go Bottom

Finding replacement for a Ford Jubilee

View my Photos
pszikszai
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-13          98265

I would like to find, preferrebly a ford tractor to replace
my aging Jubilee. I would like it to be 20 or 30 years newer and a litle bit more powerful. I use the tractor to plow snow, do garden work, and in my hobby to haul around engines and transmissions - Pretty heavy stuff. I also use it to split wood.
If you can please advise me on year - model and possible replacement cost.
I do not farm and I am sorry but I have no clue as to
what is awailable and the cost.
Thanks for the guidance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-13          98269

You are in a situation like I was in and probably many others. Ebay is a good place to start looking. There is much you can learn just by reading the ads and looking at what they are getting for the tractors.

I first thought I could get something for $5-6K. Then I saw what was available for that much and was very disappointed. So I raised my target figure to $10K. Possibly a new tractor, but no FEL for that even on Chinese tractors. By this time I was only $5K or so from a new one with a loader so that's what I ended up with.

You could get lucky and find a great deal on something used, but I didn't.
Dave ....

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-13          98271

Any Ford after 1985 or so will be a Ford/New Holland. I guess you'd be looking at 40 hp or so...the best bet would be to check with a dealer that has been around a while to make a recommendation.
A brend new TN series New Holland is in the <$15k range.
Or stay with the antique tractors and get a restored 801 series Ford.

Bill ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-10-13          98289

Depending on how much you consider a 'bit more power' to be I would suggest a 2000/3000/3600 series Ford, there were a LOT of them sold as utility tractors in the 60's, 70's and into the 80's. Just about everyone had one for pulling wagons, haying, bush-hogging or blowing snow.

Depending on the usuals, age, size, condition, you could probably find a decent one for $5k - $8k.

They are about as dependable as gravity and cheap to run.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-10-15          98431

To have more then you do now a good size older ford in the 3000 to 4000 size is where you need to be to have a good gain. To use the tools you have now you would need at least somethng in the like the Case-IH Dx35 that is the sister to the New Holland. I wouldn't go below that size for a good match-up. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login