Go Bottom Go Bottom

Considering a Snow Blade for JD L110

View my Photos
jeffkics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-14          96404

Hello,
I am considering buying a snowplow for my 17.5hp L110 John Deere to plow my driveway and I am wondering from people with experience if it something worth buying or if a separate snow blower purchase is what I should do.
Spending 350 on the blade, chains and weight box compared to 450 for a single stage and up to 950+ for a 2 stage blower.

First of all I live in Allentown PA where we can expect, 3-4 snowstorms of about 6" of snow and maybe 1 or 2 that might be in the range of 1 to 2 feet, with 1 or 2 being a heavy (more weight) snow. I have a 60 by 20 foot flat driveway.

Your comments will be very useful in my decision.
Thank you,
Jeff

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Considering a Snow Blade for JD L110

View my Photos
jimharr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-14          96405

In my experience, buy the snowblower. With snowfalls like you are saying you will have trouble after the first few snowfalls unless you push snow way back into lawn or surroundings. With a snowblower you make one pass and that much snow is gone. If you blade and make tall ridges, you are setting up for drifts. You still get them with snowblower but not as bad. The 2 stage will blow the snow farther as to not make a tall ridge close to the drive for drifting. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login