Go Bottom Go Bottom

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
Hoosier
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-01          67747

I am considering buying a snow blower for my New Holland 35 hp tractor. My New Holland dealer is suggesting that I buy a JRW snow blower which is manufactured in Canada. I am not familiar with this brand. Could someone give me their evaluation of the blowers that are made by this company? Thx for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-02          67780

Haven't heard of that one myself but there are many small fabricators that turn out decent implements. I have another Canadian made one that's going into its fifth winter--a Meteor. It tends to be the high end ones that are discussed here. They are more rugged and may have larger fans and run them at higher rpm. That will give faster ground speeds for clearing heavy snows but also takes more hp. Since I'm driving backwards the my blower cleas most snows faster than I willing to drive anyway and my garden variety blower has done well by me.

Sorry I can't help with specific comments about the blower but I imagine it is similar to my Meteor. Unless I had a lot of drive or special requirements any of these mid-quality blowers should be OK. If you're on gravel, optional wide skid shoes would be good. I don't have them. The gravel has to freeze up and have some snow pack on it before I can use my blower. Hydraulic chute rotators are worth every penny. ....

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-02          67793

Hoosier When Art reads Iam sure he'll have some good advice. I've looked at the jrw and they seemed a little light for my needs. Do not get me wrong they will do the job, but they are not as beefy as others. Of course you will pay an extra $1000 for the top of the line blowers. Loftness, Pronovost to name 2. There are some others that are very well built, heavy duty, but you gotta pay for that.

The jrw line will take care of fresh snow very easily and last a long time. I was looking for something to move snowbanks and frozen hardpack. I rarely use blower on fresh snow unless we have a foot or more and it's still comming wich last year happened 3 or so times. ....

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-06          68110

I looked at the JRW, I don't think the shoes are adjustable?
Seems like you would be leaving snow behind.(blacktop)
My best price was 1400 for a 52", I bought the pronovost 54"
adjustabe shoe (saves the unreplaceable cutting edge) for 1400. also it's about 100 lbs + heavier.( 7500 hst kubota) ....

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-06          68116

The shoes on my Meteor aren't adjustable but the blade can be put on the ground by extending the top-link. The shoes run part way along the end-plates. Extending the link rolls the blower off the shoes and onto the blade, which might be good for scraping snow off blacktop but as you say bad for blades.

The main problem with my shoes is that they're short and narrow so they sink into unfrozen gravel so I can't use the blower much before freeze-up. Wider ones that ran the whole depth of the blower box would solve that problem but then the blade couldn't be put on the ground unless the shoes were adjustable. I get by OK with my Meteor and the price was agreeable. There's no doubt in my mind that a Pronovost is a better blower. I'm kind of surprised they don't have replaceable blades, but a welder can replace most anything. ....

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
kzcsr8

2010-04-13          169979

i own a 72 inch jrw 3 pt hitch rear snow blower and i have no complaints it does a great job ....

JRW SNOW BLOWERS

View my Photos
Murf

2010-04-13          169980

kzcsr8, welcome to the board!!

I suspect however, that your endorsement of those blowers is not going to be of much use some nine years after the thread was last active.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login