Go Bottom Go Bottom

Curtis Snow Plow

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-13          37384

I just purchased a plow for my truck and would like to sell the 6' Curtis Hydro-turn Loader blade I bought last year. It was delivered at the end of the winter due to back-orders and fit to my then TC29D. I used it perhaps three or four times before spring. When I traded for the Kubota, the only modification needed was to move the outside mounting plates outward a bit and add longer pins, it now will fit either brand, and perhaps J/D as well. It looks new and has been stored in my garage, not used this year at all. It has a cushioning valve mounted on it, the dealer recommended this in case you strike something. I am thinking about price and thought of asking $1500.00 and settling for around $1400.00. Without the remote valve and hoses it cost me around $1650.00 and an additional $100 for the cushioning valve besides almost three months for delivery and installation. Does this sound like a fair price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Curtis Snow Plow

View my Photos
Bruce Pirger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-06          42095

Cutter: Did you sell your curtis plow? Were you happy with it, the little you used it? ....

Curtis Snow Plow

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-06          42103

I advertised it once in the local paper this past spring but did not sell it, not many folks looking for a plow when the tulips are poking through. It is a sturdy unit and the hydraulics work very well, large turn cylinders and such. It beats the heck out of pushing snow with a back blade and does allow you to pile the snow high if need be. On the down side, I am used to a heater when plowing and have always owned a truck with a plow except for a short period of time. I usually work long hours and don't want my face in the snow when I arrive home to clean the driveway. The worst feature of the loader blade is the lack of steering control when pushing snow. In the float position, once a load of snow is encountered, the front wheels will lift causing steering loss. If you don't mind that, it works fine. I found the best way to use it was to avoid the float position and manually adjust blade height as I moved forward. If you have a blacktop driveway, the whole process would be simple, mine is stone. There is a chain and clevis that come with it so you can unhook the top cylinders, chain it to the cross support on the loader arms and use it like a conventional plow. Hope this helps. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login