Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere snow plow blower

View my Photos
jeremy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-11-02          32902

I'm looking for a used plow or blower for my JD 345. Does anyone know how well a blade will work on this tractor. I am planning on buying chains but still seems like it will be a little light and has no diff lock?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-11-02          32904

It's hard to tell what you have for snow but I believe in moving things just once. Living in NY has left me with a love for snow blowers over blades. When I was a kid I always liked big banks, now I find they block visibility at the ends of driveways and unfortunatly often have to be moved back due to an additional snowfall or just snow that gets blowen in. I like to do work once and as much as I enjoy working with equipment I have other things that also need to be done. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-11-02          32906

What is the weight of a Deere 345? Is it 2wd or 4wd?
When I lived in Anchorage I used a Sears 16 horse lawn tractor to plow snow, so it can be done with whatever you have, it just take smaller bites and more time. ....

View my Photos
sergeant

2002-12-25          46577

Try John Deere Machine finder site that is on John Deere's web site ....

View my Photos
Big Eddy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-13          47435

I have a 322 with a blade. It works fine up to about 10" of snow. Since I got the 5' blower for the 855, haven't used it, but worked fine for several years.

You will need weight on the back and chains. Wheel weights alone won't do it. The secret is to keep moving and angle the snow to the side.
Plan where to put the snow, and start the winter with a very wide drive. Your banks will harden up, and each snow will narrow the drive.
Blowers are much better if you can get one - again you will need weight and chains.
Hint. Steering brakes can be used when a dif lock is needed. Lock the slipping tire and crawl out with the other. Hydraulic angle saved me more than once as well.

Either will work, depending on your location and snow, but I'd get the blower if I were you. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen

2003-10-07          65728

I got a JD 214 with blade and blower and a JD 312 with blower. The blade is great with light snow and clean up after the blowers. The 214 has manual lift so it easy to use the blade over the blower. When the snow gets deep the blower is the only way to go. I ripped out the transmition in the 214 while trying to ram deep snow, because the blower broke. Since your 345 has hydro lift the blowers great no work. MY 312 has this and the blowers then becomes easy to use. I use them both to plow out the sidewalks in a apartment complex that i maintain. Its faster then a walk behide blower. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login