Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar F24D need info and expected price

View my Photos
Dave Snowberg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-02-20          24458

Greetings. Yanmar F24D Have a lead on one of these machines. Looks OK but can't seem to find much information about this model. Its a 24 HP diesel.Anyone know much about it, is reliability same as YM models? is this a grey market machine? what would you expect to pay for one in decent condition. ThanksDave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-02-20          24462

Its a late model grey market tractor. Reports have been very positive. You many want to take a look at the Yanmar club on Yahoo. They have a dealer lind and prices. ....

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2001-02-21          24470

Roger was right on the mark, yes it is a late model grey market tractor. The 24 in the model name indicates 24 pto hp or about 27/28 gross hp. The D indicates 4wd. For other info you might go to the Yanmar group at the following link. BTW where are you buying this tractor from? Have a friend in AL with loader selling his for $9,800.00 as best as I can recall.

Hope this helped, Jerri ....

Link:   Yanmar Tractor Owners Group

View my Photos
Dave Snowberg

2001-02-21          24520

Thanks folks for the information. Have made a lot of progress using the links etc. The tractor is in Wisconsin. It has 1400 hours, a ROPS cab, also comes with a brush hog and a tiller (no loader but have one already). Asking price is $7500. They also have an F20D with 700 hours no implements. price $5500.

Plan to take them for a run next week. ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-02-22          24525

Sounds like they are worth a road trip and a look. The prices sound like top dollar; for that I would expect them to be in very good condition. My opinion is that you are better off to buy good condition - even though it costs. Just be sure that "good" is what you are getting. I like the idea that the dealer has a couple of later model grey market tractors. In used tractors, my slight preference is for the older US models first, closely followed by the upper end of the grey market tractors - these being the late model 4wd tractors which are costing half to 3/4 of the price of a comperable US model tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login