Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-06-27          190545

I have a 3pt Loftness snowblower that I acquired for my JD 4310 at the end of the snow season. Its a bit heavy at 925 lbs and I noticed that the cat 1 lift arm pins are bent on the attachment. Any recommendations for what cat 1 lift arm pins to purchase that will not bend under the weight?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-06-28          190558

Crunch,

It's highly unlikely that those pins got bent from simply lifting the blower with the 3-point hitch. Most likely the pins bent when ramming the blower into a snow pile, or a very hard drift.

Standard lift pins will work just fine as replacements. I purchase mine at TSC. I've never had a problem with them.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins

View my Photos
crunch

2014-06-29          190573

Thanks, I will take your advice and keep simple. Hopefully they will not bend again. I will keep careful watch! ....

Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-06-30          190575

A few years ago bought a rear blade rated for like 60 or more horse power. It came with cat one pins. Had to replace them all the time, not the weight of the blade (sure less than your blower) but as Joel said with hitting stuff. Bought pins from NAPA and lowest price source and all others. Talked with a client who had decent metal shop on making me pins and he told me wasting time. Needs cat two pins. Went back to retailer of blade and they looked and agreed with me and went back to manufacturer, who furnished the parts to change to CAT 2 pins. No more bent pins.

I learned all lift pins seem to be same grade and think they sold the blade rated for horse power they did not want it rated at so limited it with CAT one pins. I have forgotten now but those pins are equal to either Class 5 or 8 bolts. Class 8 is a strong as I am aware of with such. kt ....

Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins

View my Photos
crunch

2014-07-01          190592

Thanks KT, how did you convert a cat 1 3pt hitch to cat 2? Do you have 2 different 3pt hitches for your tractor? Ahhh, let me guess - the tractor had a cat 2 3pt hitch on it already? ....

Cat 1 Lift Arm Pins

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-07-01          190594

crunch, you the man! Has cat two and for cat 1 I used bushings in the lift bushings.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login