Go Bottom Go Bottom

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
lee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-04          122250

I have a big problem with my new berlon snowplow.I was plowing oa dirt road last week nad hit something in the road,i think it was a rock,the plow flipped forward and cleared the way for the rock to destroy the rear of the frame that sticks down below the main frame.i think there should be a skid plate at the bottom of the frame to prevent this from happing,it seem to be a bad design to me.I called the the new holland dealer and he said they would send me a new angle support,in lew of suppling a new frame,it is my problem to replace the bend up angle iron supports and bent frame,has anyone had a problem with berlon snowplows,if this snowplow had a skid on the bottom of the frame it would have caught a rock,looking for answers,thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-05          122271

Lee, not to sound too harsh here, but I personally think the dealer went at least the extra mile, it doesn't sound like a warranty issue to me.

In 30+ years of snow removal I've never heard of, or seen a skid plate for a snow plow.

Chalk it up to being part of the more vertical area of the learning curve.

We maintain many, many miles of private gravel roads, one of the first things we do at the start of every season is a road patrol. We dig out rocks that have surfaced, mark culverts or other obstacles and look for trees or branches ready to come down in a big storm.

Best of luck. ....

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Lee

2006-01-06          122334

The problem with this snowplow frame is the way it is build with the rear skid steer support hanging below the frame,it needs a skid plate. If the frame touches the ground like it does sometimes with my tractor.If this plow hit a manhole in a parking lot it would destroy the frame just like i did on a dirt road,the plow would flip down and snag the rear of the frame,if you get a chance check out this frame and you will see what i am thalking about,thanks Lee ....

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-01-06          122346

I only see one Berlon Snowblade. The picture shows a massive lower frame. Is this the unit? ....

Link:   Berlon

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Lee

2006-01-07          122384

Yes that is the picture,Did you see the other picture that shows the rear of the plow and the rear frame? The 3"angle that supports the cylinders hangs below the main frame about 3/4",and when the plow flips down when you hit something,the 3"angle is exposed,and it destroys the angle,and the frame.Thanks Lee ....

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Lee

2006-01-07          122386

I have pictures,How do you post them? ....

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Peters

2006-01-07          122393

I did look at the second picture. Is the lower piece just a 3" plate? It appears to be in the picture. With out sides it will not have much strength. I would replace it with a piece of channel iron. I might also add a bottom plate to box it.
A box with an angled front would deflect the next rock, but would be harder to make.
Have you contacted Berlon directly with your displeasure? The dealer is not necessarily going to move it up the ladder.
You can post pictures if you pay the small fee for yearly membership. Dennis has good instructions now on the picture posting pages. Apart from that you can park them on another site and link them to the post.
I there are a number of us that design our own equipment so I am certain we can come up with something that will prevent a reoccurance. ....

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Art White

2006-01-08          122402

They seem to be building quite a few machine attachments and they have some unique tools for skid loaders. ....

berlon snowplows

View my Photos
Lee

2006-01-09          122487

My tractor dealer in michigan called berlon and they said they would send me a new plate angle iron,and it would be my problem to have it replaced at my expense,the new plate angle iron would not cure the problem,the frame itself also has to be straighted.It would still destroy the angle and frame just as before if it hit a rock or man hole cover,I should not have to pay a dime to repair this brand new equipment,this equipment has a bad design and the dealer should stand up for their customer,thanks Lee ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login