Go Bottom Go Bottom

Shibaura SD4000 Three Point Hitch not working

View my Photos
ledalton
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-10-13          191216

My first visit here, but I have read a lot on here. Shibuara SD4000, 4x4 with front end loader. Three point hitch quit working, changed hydrulic oil and filter. It then worked one time but went down when used front end loader and never came back up over two inches with box blade on it. Front end loader works fine. Traced the hoses and the hose back to the three point hookup comes off the power steering output line, straight back under the seat. Power steering works ok too. I don't think there is a screen anywhere, removed the input and output lines and looked inside but saw nothing and no bunch of dirt or grit in it. I'm a little lost now. Also would love to find a good service manual and parts manual for this model. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
ledalton

2014-10-13          191217

I just got thru trying to get the 3pl to work, hooked it up directly from the pump and it still only comes up about an inch. So, I reconnected it back the way it was and it does the same thing. It sounds like its going into bypass when the lever is all the way in the up position, quits making the noise in the down position. But, I don't know where the bypass valve is or have ever been in hydrulics. Is the bypass valve on the control box with the up & down lever? I need a service manual but I've searched on line and can't find anything on this model tractor. ....

View my Photos
ledalton

2014-10-14          191219

I guess there are not too many Shibuara Gura's on this site. I think if I get this thing working again, I'm going to sell it and get something that has parts and manuals easily available. Its hard to find any information on this tractor. ....

View my Photos
toolate

2014-10-14          191220

It is hard enough to do the diagnosis and repairs yourself and then not be able to complete the work because you have to search all around for the parts you think you need.

That is why I would rather buy a brand that I know will be around and is close by, and there are several dealers in the area.

Good luck to you ! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login