Tiller for BX-22: Tillers and Ploughs  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review Tiller for BX-22: Tillers and Ploughs -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

discussion   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   photos   |   email   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tillers and Ploughs Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 05-08-2003, 21:19 Post: 54542
delvinmuglas

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Tiller for BX-22

I've recently purchased a new Bx-22 and LOVE it! Now I'm ready to find the right tiller to go behind it. The dealer tells me a 60 inch isn't too big and he is recommending a Landpride 50 inch. Does anyone have any idea how big is too big? I don't want to stress the tractor too much.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

05-12-2003, 08:07 Post: 54712
Art White

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Tiller for BX-22

The types of soil you have makes the most difference. Kubota recommends a 42 as max. I've sold 38" to the 42" with these tractors with good results. If you have clay stay away from the 50" definitly!

05-12-2003, 20:36 Post: 54761
Ironpeddler

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

A new CCM Gear drive 42" tiller is $850

Link:   Gear Drive tiller Headquarters 
Picture Link

05-12-2003, 22:31 Post: 54767
homedad5acre

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

I got kubota's B40C tiller for my BX22 and I love it! My soil is clayish with lots of stone(virgin soil). I take it slow and when I hit a rock I lift it, turn around and put the loader to work. It goes though my garden(previously tilled) like butter and perfectly prepares the soil in one pass, and in these areas a larger unit wouldn't hurt. But for me the "40" is more manageable in the virgin areas. It's your call. Good luck!

05-13-2003, 19:45 Post: 54822
homedad5acre

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

Oh and just to let you know I paid $1533.for my B40C tiller.

05-22-2003, 09:22 Post: 55346
GAKubotaFan

Tiller for BX-22

I had a 44" First Choice with my BX2200. I wouldn't want any more tiller. Several times I would bog it down. The Georgia clay is very hard at times.

08-17-2009, 14:09 Post: 165018
Infringed

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironpeddler | view 54761
A new CCM Gear drive 42" tiller is $850

I got taken for a ride when I bought a CCM tiller. No doubt the tiller is well made but the one I had would not (by design) till deeper than 2 inchs. the frame bottomed out. just a crappy design. When I attempted to contact mr carter he told me to drop dead. I ended up giving it away. Bought a king kutter and never looked back.

08-17-2009, 16:13 Post: 165022
kthompson

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infringed | view 165018
I got taken for a ride when I bought a CCM tiller. No doubt the tiller is well made but the one I had would not (by design) till deeper than 2 inchs. the frame bottomed out. just a crappy design. When I attempted to contact mr carter he told me to drop dead. I ended up giving it away. Bought a king kutter and never looked back.

That is sad. Who is Mr. Carter?

Do realize this thread is about 6 years old. If you will look at the date right above where your name is it shows the dates posted. That does not take away from your experience and hopefully your story will protect someone else. KT OH, welcome to TP. Keep sharing.

08-17-2009, 17:30 Post: 165028
Ironpeddler

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infringed | view 165018

[/b] I find the validity of your charges somewhat lacking. The price of a MR110 was $850 back in 2003 and now you are spreading your dissatisfaction 6 years later. Have you ever thought some must be wrong maybe not set up correct?. I can guarantee you that your PTO shaft was too long restricting the tiller from full penetration into the soil. There are hundreds of that model tiller working today. Why is it this is the only complaint we have ever herd like this? I will guarantee you, that if you offered that tiller for sale on tractorpoint.com, you would have gotten at least what you paid for it. The current price for the MR110 42" tiller is $1,800.

08-17-2009, 22:04 Post: 165045
Infringed

Filter by User
 Tiller for BX-22

sounds kinda like the rubbish the seller tried to feed me when I expressed that the tiller was a piece of crap. One excuse after another. I could take the skids off and the tines didn't extend more than 2 inch's below the tiller body and I really didn't want to drag the drain plug on the gear box thru the dirt to maybe get 2-1/2 inch's of till depth. the tiller was designed poorly, period...and it came with ZERO customer service... DROP DEAD was the return policy.
No sir, PTO shaft was fine. Tiller was designed inferior. tines didn't extend down more than 2 inches from the bottom of the tiller frame. (frame dictated depth) it was impossible for the tiller to till any deeper. I bought it from carter and carter up in Tennessee from a guy named mark carter, (if my memory serves me correctly) There was no customer service and no attempt to make it right. I wasted $1200.00
I posted pics on tractor bynet proving the flawed design but since that site endorsed the CCM brand they deleted my pics. Oh well, you screw folks and it comes back to bite you. I'm not saying they are all like that but mine certainly was. Hopefully no one else gets taken like I did.

I would of never sold that flawed tiller to anyone else. I got taken for a ride but that does not mean I'm gonna do someone else the same way. that's why I gave it away. I could not of sold that tiller in good conscience.
Now on the King Kutter tiller that replaced the CCM I get 6 inch's of tilth opposed to the 2-1/2 inch's of tilth from the CCM. the skids that came with the CCM didn't even work on the tiller, I had to modify them to fit. I cant remember the exact rubbish I got from carter and carter when I mentioned that to them.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Tillers and Ploughs Forum

Thread 54542 Filter by Poster:
Art White 1 | BruceNeagle 1 | delvinmuglas 1 | GAKubotaFan 1 | homedad5acre 2 | Infringed 4 | Ironpeddler 5 | kthompson 2 |

Most Viewed

+ KingKutter vs. Landpride
+ Yanmar Rototiller
+ raised beds attachment
+ Tiller Purchase - Befco, Woods, KK, Bush Hog??
+ Woods GTC52 tiller
+ Tiller vs. Disk harrow
+ Tiller for BX-22
+ Electric lift cylinder for Cub Cadet tiller
+ What is a FLIP PLOW?
+ Ploughing advice

Most Discussion

+ Instead of a Rotary Tiller
+ KK tiller sale
+ CMM Tillers experiences
+ IMMEDIATE ATTENTION KK tiller
+ kk tiller
+ Do tillers need to be sharpene
+ tilling fescue pastures
+ Coulter
+ What is a FLIP PLOW?
+ Tillers

Newest Topics

+ tiller tines
+ Adapting Wheelhorse Clevis to Category I with 2 h
+ Shibaura tiller drive shaft
+ Craftsman cultivator edger 4 cycle engine stalls
+ Who makes RL401 Tiller
+ Change Direction satoh 2pr111os Tiller
+ NEED A BOX
+ yanmar RS 1404 rototiller Manual
+ DISK HARROW
+ Nearest Kuhn dealer to Redding California.