Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
BeeFarmer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-05          45754

I have found a source for some what I believe to be grey market tillers. Yanmar, Mitibuishi, and Eskie. The seller tells me they will hook right up to a compact JD, NH, Kubota and so on... has anyone had any experiances with these units?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
johnson445

2002-12-05          45766

I purchased a 54" yanmar tiller a few years ago. I had to move the three point pins out about 4" each to get them to the standard cat 1 spread of 26". Usually the tines on these tillers are well worn but usable. Tines will cost about $250/set to replace so you need to look at them closely. Overall the tiller is solid and does a nice job. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2002-12-06          45779

As stated by Johnson445, most of the Yanmar tillers are category 1 pin size, but narrower. Most tractors lift arms can go in far enough so that is not a real problem, but you will also notice that the upper link pin hole on the tiller is a couple inches forward of being in a vetical plane with the lower pins. Yanmars use a two piece top link on the tillers and they work great, but you may find yourself messing with a standard one piece toplink to get it to the right length. Also Yanmar uses a real nice driveshaft, but since it is made for a particular tractor, the total slip available on the shaft is minimal. To summarize, you may have to put in a little effort to make it work, but it isn't too complicated.

I have sold about 70 Yanmar tillers this year and have had zero problems. We do check them out first and change the gear oil, seals if leaking and tines if needed. Tines are around $200 for a set in our area, so that is a big factor. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
Red Knuckles

2003-01-13          47455

I have read that Yanmar tillers are made to to be matched with a specific size tractor. If this is the case, which Yanmar tiller would you fellas recommend for a YM 2010D?

Who should I contact for a good quality Yanmar tiller for a 2010D? Just looking to save some bucks over a new tiller. Will mainly be used to prep about a half acre lawn around our new house. Also plan to get back into gardening, once the landscaping is complete. Nothing bigger than about 30'x60' for the garden site.

Thanks,

Red

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2003-01-13          47456

The 2010 probably came with a RS1404, but anything in the 1400 or 1500mm size would work fine. The RSB models are a little newer. An RSB1400 or RSB1500 would be my recomendation. As shipping is a big issue, where you buy depends on where you live. We are on the west coast. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
RedKnuckles

2003-01-13          47458

Dave,

Thanks for the prompt response with the metric sizing recommendation. Looks like I will be off to search around the net for additional details for the specific models you mentioned. As for my location, I am in Western NC. Kinda far to be shipping a tiller I imagine. If ya don't mind, you could still drop me an email with pricing on a nice quality unit. It could work out. Worth a try.

Thanks again,

Red

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
JimP

2003-01-13          47468

BeeFarmer - care to elaborate/expose your source for grey market tillers? I have a Bolens Iseki compact and would be interested in acquiring an original tiller ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2003-01-14          47472

RedKnuckles, I'll check on shipping in the morning. We keep a nice supply of tillers on hand, normally 15-30 in stock. I have a real nice RSB1300. I'll get back to you. Dave ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2003-01-14          47484

There is a place in Ohio that has them. But actually there are many places that have them. If you look on EBAY you will see several units with tillers. If you write the seller he will be sure to let you know he has several tillers.

I did exactly that and it seemed that many of these grey market tractor sellers always had extra tillers on hand. I was looking for one for a NH TC33. I didn't want to do any welding or conversions so I am now looking for a unit that fits right up to my tractor. If you have a welder and all right tools I am sure they are nice units. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2003-01-14          47491

BeeFarmer, you will find that the tillers for the newer F-series use a longer driveshaft and are closer to a true cat 1 spec. The toplink hole is still forward a bit, but that can be accomadated with a short toplink, or build a simple 2-piece folding toplink that mimics the function of the Yanmar toplinks. Just an idea for you. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
BeeFarmer

2003-01-14          47497

Thanks, I guess if I could find one at a good price that is reliable and hook right up with little to no modifications AND I can get parts for I would pick one up. The dealer that is local had some to show me and they looked like rust buckets and required a lot of modifications. And for 650.00 to paint, cut, and weld it wasn't a good deal. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2003-01-14          47498

BeeFarmer, I've sure seen a lot of junk tillers for sale, especially on ebay. Most are what we would call parts tillers. On every load we get from Japan, we can almost count on them slipping in one or two rough tillers, but there are usually about a half dozen that look new. The rest are usually somewhere from good to very good. We import mostly F-series late model stuff so it makes sense that ours may be a little nicer than the dealers that focus on the older models. Due to shipping costs, purchasing tillers from a distance doesn't make sense though, so local shopping is a must. ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
Kiohio

2003-01-15          47533

Beefarmer, You can check with Wayne at Little Miami trading company. www.Lmtcompany.com The last time I was there he had quite a few NICE looking tillers in stock. I have sold a few Yanmar tillers that went on Chinese tractors. They worked well but, the chinese tractors have LONG 3pt hitch arms. We just added a PTO extention to make the shaft long enough. They then hooked up and worked fine. Extention was $20 it is about 6" overall. Most other tractors will hook-up fine. Make sure the tiller isn't a 2pt tiller.
KO ....

Yanmar Rototiller

View my Photos
wilkyflex

2013-03-22          186445

Hi...I have a Yanmar 1300D with Cat 1 - 3 pt hitch.
I'm looking at a tiller for it. I found what I think is a yanmar tiller, but don't know what model it is.
I have a picture on my desktop, and will email it to you if you can email me please. wilkyflex at aol dott comm

I want to know of this is a good tiller, and a good match for my tractor. Can you help out?
Thanks
Dean
805-649-1599 ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login