Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pellets and Pellet Stoves on Long Island NY

View my Photos
nydyna88
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-21          154748

Hello,I am a new member to this site. I live in Nassau County, Long Island and am planning to install a pellet stove in my home. I have a fireplace supply store very close to my home, and both he and the installer recommend installing a St. Croix brand of pellet stove. Does anybody have any input on this brand? He also quoted me a price of $280.- for a ton of pellets, $50.- more for delivery to my home.
Last year, I only used about 450 gallons of oil, but I have brand new digital, state of the art equipment. I am hoping that with the use of the stove I can slash my usage without sacrificing heat.
I welcome any input....thanx!

Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-21          154751

Dave, suggest you check with the building authorities and your home insurer. If no problems, you might want to order lots of pellets in advance; the price is set to go way up.

Incidentally, my family's in Valley Stream.

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-22          154771

Dave; First welcome to the board, we can always use some new blood around here. In todays high and sure to get higher energy costs we're all looking for lower cost heating, but maybe before buying the pellet stove you might check with your electric supplier. I don't know how much longer this will contuinue but right now electric radiant heat is the lowest cost compared to LP or natural gas here in Eastern Iowa. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login