Go Bottom Go Bottom

taishan tractor help help

View my Photos
bemike61
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-11-03          195927

does anybody know anyone or a number or a web site that i can get info on timing after a injector pump was taken off and put back on. thanks

taishan 304 diesel timing

with some help from other source trying to confirm this info before i dig in. injector pump was taken off with out noting timing marks. this is a 1987 taishan 30 hprse power diesel. talked with someone and here is what he said. on the injector the front line (there are 2) hold your finger on the opening and turn motor over by hand until you feel pressure. then pull gear off pump, pull top motor cover off and turn motor over by hand until both valves are open and then turn motor back 12-14 percent and then put gear back on pump and reinstall motor cover. does any of this make sense. thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Gonser

2016-11-17          195948

Hi:
I have a taishan 304 A , 30 HP tractor and just happen to have a manual. I have linked a page from the manual for the some of the engine settings. I know very little about diesel engines so - hope this helps out in any way.

Link:   page from TS304A manual

View my Photos
bemike61

2016-11-18          195949

thanks for the info. does your book show or tell anything about the timing marks on flywheel. i have been able to find tdc, but i dont know how much to turn flywheel to find 14 degrees before tdc. if i turn it a inch, more or less. also does it tell anything about a timing mark on the clutch bellhousing. thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login