Go Bottom Go Bottom

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-13          188944

My brother is looking for a new Ford F150 he has a 2000 and its time. He said that he went to a dealer and they are near $40k the way he wants it. But he must be wrong as it looks like the xtra cab in 2wd was more like $30k.

Annyone buy one recently?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-13          188945

Ford F150 looks great ....

Picture Link
Other Tractor Brands 2014 Ford F150 Pickups

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-02-17          188969

Are you comparing the same options he is? Is he on paved roads only for the 2 wheel drive? I had 4 wheel and replaced with 2 wheel, mistake. But does help me get in more walking, to get tractor. ....

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-02-17          188976

He is a 2WD only buyer... he sees no value in owning 4wd His reasoning is that he has the freedom to stay at home in bad conditions as he owns his own business.

He already opted to buy a used 2008 F150 2WD Xtra Cab for $11k. He has had good luck with local garages for repairs.

Its funny he has very little mechanical aptitude, whereas I have done almost every mechanical thing you can do on a car over the years. Having done all of that I have zero interest in doing it anymore so I always want to buy new vehicles, run them until they will start to need annual maintenance beyond tires, brakes and fluids.

I guess in my case I know if I had a used vehicle I would be tempted to do the repair myself, and I am not loving that anymore... and I do not want the hassel of the incompetence that many shops have...;-(

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
crunch

2014-02-19          189005

It must be the options he selected? I would love to buy a pickup but want to get in a better position first. It is amazing to me how much the price of a pickup goes up as you add the options. I suspect the manufacturers are taking advantage of the fact that you can write off the entire price in the first year if you have a business. I always wondered how these landscapers can have such nice pickups!

On used vs new, my BIL is a believer in buying used and getting the most out of every vehicle (usually up to around 300,000 miles). The downside: yesterday when doing some driving with my sister we had to stop and pour a pint of power steering fluid in her car 3 times! I told my sister it was time to get a new car :)

Crunch ....

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-02-19          189007

I think he was looking at a Truck that was super loaded up over the top. And I think he was overstating it so he would feel better about buying used, its a work truck anyway and his helpers beat it up regardless of whether it is new and pretty truck or not....

On the BIL, yes experience can teach us that having a clunker is not always the best thing.... Like the time my clunker broke down on the Henry Hudson Parkway in Manhattan, I waited for hours for a tow truck that would only tow me to their Hell Hole garage in the Bronx, I spent a week trying to get my car towed for repairs. Finally having it towed 50 miles to my house in NJ, where I did the repairs myself.

You can keep a tractor for a long time as for most of us if you have a problem you will not be in the middle of nowhere....

Crunch and Ken on 4WD in pickups I was both happy and unhappy when I had my 4WD Toyota Tundra. 4WD that you have to switch on and off and can only be used in non dry situations makes for fantastic traction when engaged....no traction 99.99% of the time. Only way to go if you have a snow plow business.. but sub optimal all other times.

Do any trucks come with Full Time All Wheel Drive systems now ? ....

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-02-19          189026

You know the difference in price could be rounding: you rounded down and he rounded up.

My brother owned a business that used a few trucks. He bought Chevy totally and I think one reason was he was able to get fleet pricing from them. Now the dealership was almost his next door business and they each did a lot of business with the other.

Have son in law who works for our county and he drives a Ford. Not a luxury package but good for work. He told me what the price was and think it was about $15,000. That was a year or so back. Standard cab and short bed. Did have power steering, power brakes, auto trans and air. ....

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
crunch

2014-02-20          189047

Full time AWD system? Are you talking about a system like Subaru has? Where there is always power to all wheels but the percentage varies? I am not aware of any pickup with this system.

I have a jeep grand cherokee and a Subaru outback. I am more impressed with the Subaru AWD system than the Jeep AWD system.

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2014-02-20          189056

Crunch yes that is what I mean..

If you can call it a Truck, which I do not, the Honda Ridgeline has AWD, and I think GM had some like the Ridgeline probably discontinued.

I was thinking of a standard full sized pickup. ....

2014 Ford F150 Pickups

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-20          189057

I just read somewhere that the 2015 Fords will have a lot of aluminum body panels in place of steel, enough to take 700 lbs. off the weight of a comparable 2014. Their goal is to take enough weight off to approach 30 MPG.

Our son in law is a clunker guy, he won't buy a car with less than 150K. It does amaze me that he has very little trouble getting them to 250 or 300K one Oldsmobile wagon he has with 350K is still going. A timing chain or two and a few alternators and starters is about all he spends much on.

Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login