Go Bottom Go Bottom

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
wally1shaw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-12-08          167321

12/8/09

This is a review of a Branson 3510i with Branson Front End Loader and my experiences dealing with Branson Corporate.

I bought this tractor on 6/19/09 for $17,500.00.
On 8/29/09 I brought this tractor into the shop at 43 hours with the following ailments.
1) Compression 90 on left front Hydraulic Cylinder leaking.
2) FEL control valve leaking.
3) All rubber caps dry rotted.
4) Compression Tee leaking on front cross bar and loose in mount on FEL.
5) PTO area leak.
6) Leak at gear pump.
7) Leak at left front axle.
8) Leak at rear lift arms.
9) Had all oil and filters changed.
10) I had also managed to bend both front rims. The first one got bent when I was pushing some logs and rolled over the end of about a 10” log. I assumed that I had caused this because I had the tractor under load at the time. The next time I bent the other rim not under a load. I simply rolled up on the end of a log. The rims are made out of soft metal and bend very easily. I have never bent a rim on anything else before in my life. I have been on tractors and heavy equipment all my life since I was about 8 or 10 years old growing up on a farm. I am currently 43. I was told by my dealer that Branson would not cover the rims.
I picked the tractor up on 9/5/09 and all my problems appeared to be fixed.

On 9/12/09 I brought the tractor back to the shop with the following problems. (I used it approximately 3 hours bush hogging and 15 minutes pulling T-posts.)
1) Compression Tee leaking on front cross bar and loose in mount on FEL. (This is second time)
2) PTO area leak (This is second time)
3) Leak on left front axle (This is second time)
I picked the tractor up from the shop 9/26/09, everything appeared to be fixed. I did not use my tractor again until 10/17/09 due to inclement weather. I used the tractor about 3 hours bush hogging and about 20 minutes moving dirt before it broke again.

On 10/24/09 I brought the tractor back to the shop with the following problems.
1) Compression Tee leaking on front cross bar and loose in mount on FEL. (This is third time)
2) FEL Control valve pouring hydraulic oil. (this is second time)
3) Left front axle leaking (this is third time.)
I Picked the Branson tractor up from the shop on 10/31/09. Everything appeared to be fixed. I used the tractor for about 3 hours moving dirt on 11/1/09. The tractor developed the following problems.
1) Left front axle leaking (this is fourth time)
2) FEL control valve leaking/ (this is third time)
3) Rear Hydraulics not holding pressure when I turn the motor off or operate the FEL Bucket.
a) If you turn the motor off the bush hog hits the ground.
b) If you operate the FEL bush hog hits the ground.
4) Hydraulic oil blowing out rear filler cap under seat.
5) Leak at seal on rear Hydraulic arms under seat.

On 11/3/09 I asked Branson to take the Tractor back as a Lemon at my full purchase price. They said no. Branson said they wanted another opportunity to fix it.
I brought the tractor back to the shop on 11/15/09.
On 11/24/09 I was informed by my local dealer that he had changed the parts that should had fixed it, however it did not. He said that Branson USA did not know how to fix it, and was checking with Branson Korea to try and find a solution.
I sent Branson another request to purchase my tractor back as a Lemon on 11/23/09 for $15,900.00 what I presently owe on it. On 11/30/09 Branson once again refused to purchase the tractor back and said they were going to fix it. My tractor presently resides in the shop awaiting Branson to come up with the magic cure that is going to fix it.

I have basically had a broken tractor for 3 months now, and Branson is not willing to buy the tractor back, and they have not offered me a replacement. Instead they are merely putting me off while I pay tractor notes on a broke tractor. BUYER BEWARE; AVOID BRANSON DUE TO THEIR UNWILLINGNESS TO GET BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.
I will keep everybody informed as to how this little drama unwinds.
At this point it looks like I am fixing to hire a Lawyer to help explain to Branson what a Lemon is.
Once I finally do get shed of this Branson tractor, I will never own another Branson product.
My Tractor currently has 55 hours.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-08          167331

I haven't heard of lemon laws applying to other than consumer-market cars, but a lawyer skilled in marketplace laws might want to know that their site says "Customers are always our #1 priority" and brags about their "responsive after-sales service." The dealer and importer don't want this going to court, as court documents are public.

I was looking at another S.K. brand, but after reading owners' accounts decided that they don't have their quality control in order. Great value -- on paper. Thanks for the warning.

I heard of a case where an owner successfully sued for the value of the time the tractor was out of service -- after it was properly (but repeatedly and slowly) repaired under warranty. Keep us posted. ....

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
wally1shaw

2009-12-15          167524

I was contacted by my local dealer 12/10/09 and told my tractor was ready to pick up. I went and got it yesterday 12/14/09. I was told that I was having my latest pile of problems because of a missing draft control bolt.
The Tractor came with a bolt with a wing nut on it that was located on the top side of my hydraulic control. I moved it to the bottom side so that it could be used as the draft control bolt that it is. I was told that it had to be on the top side or the lever could go to far back and cause all these problems I was having. Sounds to me like a manufacturer's defect. The dealer installed a second draft control bolt and told me that should solve my problems. I have no idea why anybody would need draft control on top. I have always needed it on the bottom side to control the height of my implement to the ground, not the height of my implement to the air. The next problem I have with this is why would anybody put out a product with a wing nut on it that is not supposed to be removed or adjusted as needed??? Took Branson a month in the shop to come up with this BS. ....

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-12-15          167526

A quick look on the internet for Texas Lemon Law it does not cover a tractor. But public opinion is worth a lot. Had a friend a few years back which took his auto and painted a few lemons on it and parked it in front of his business which was on a reasonable major road along with some info about the issue. No idea how well that worked for him. But if you take such action be sure you are within the law so you don't end up being sued.

Now hopefully it will not get to such as that rather have you tried in very even tone to talk with the owner of the dealership where you purchased it? Also having everything in written form for them should be a big help as it shows the full story rather than a short conversation. If you have a good conversation with them send them email or fax or letter (I like the first two as you have simple proof of sending it) thanking them for their time and concern and (hopefully) their agreement the issues need to be solved. ....

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-12-15          167529

A "strict liability" attorney is who you should get to rep you. Google "class action suit branson" as you are probabaly not alone. ....

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
MarkBer69

2010-03-14          169205

I got a 3510 in 2003 brand new and it has over 500 hrs and it has worked hard for me over the years,I have had some things brake and they fixed it all.Have you called Branson in GA or your dealer.And yes i realy work it daily lot clearing and tree removel. ....

Branson Tractor Review

View my Photos
kthompson

2010-03-15          169232

Wally, rereading your post this AM wondered, what does the manual show for the "draft bolt" position? If it does not show it to be at the tops as you were told ask the dealership if they can provide a service bullentin or something in writing to show that. Not to be arguementive but if it has that much negative impact would think they have it shown somewhere.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login