Go Bottom Go Bottom

Magnatrac Compact Crawler Tractors amp Equip

View my Photos
Jack in IL
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-06          1518

I am interested in hearing from owners of Magnatrac Compact Crawlers (5000 Hydro Series) and attachments made by the C. F. Struck Corp in Cedarburg, WI. In particular, how much time and effort is involved in attaching and removing the backhoe, the Cat I 3-point hitch, the loader, etc. From the literature I received, it appears that the attachments are not designed for quick changes.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Bill Cooman

1999-03-07          1544

I asked that same question to the Struck factory and was told that the backhoe and loader are definately not "quick-tach." However, I was told that a number of customers had purchased both the backhoe and 3pt/pto, and do indeed "swap" from one to the other. The factory estimated time to be 3-4 hours, but did say there were ways to shorten that time - i.e. quick hose connects, possibly using custom jackstands/fixtures to facilitate alignments. A decent shop, instead of the side yard, would help too. ....

View my Photos
Stanley

1999-03-08          1562

Even though I think the Magnatrac is a very interesting piece of equipment whywould anyone buy one when you could purchase a skid steer loader that you couldput grouser tracks on. With brand names skid steers; Bobcat, John Deere, Case,JCB, etc. you could have everything that the magnatrac offers and more but haveparts availability, brand name recognition, and probably cheaper price. Theaccessories available for the skid steers are only limited by your pocketbook. ....

View my Photos
goliver

1999-03-29          2145

I've got a Magnatrac Hydro 5000. I looked at every compact tractor available in Ohio, JD, Kubota, Boomers, you name it. The things that made me chose the Trac is (1)It is extremely strong compared to "regular" 4WD tractors (2)the center of gravity make hill work easy and safe (3)the machine is extremely high quality with NO quicky attachments which are weak by their very nature(3)No flat tires to worry about (4)The major attachements are made by Struck, they fit and work the first time. I was going to hire someone with a bigger tractor to clear my land, but they took one look at the hills and backed out! The Magnatrac went up the hills without hesitation. Even though you may get the name recognition, parts and ADVICE are readily availble from Struck. Admittedly, it's not much for mowing grass, as it moves like a crawler (3-5MPH, but I didn't need speed...I needed STRONG. I'm happy. ....

View my Photos
Phil

1999-04-03          2317

well having used skid steers allot they tend to be usless for digging in. Even for simple snow and ice removal, they also tend to be a little tippy. and the backhoe attachments on them suck. I built my own home, converted a barn into a house and i used a variety of small backhoes. I had to jack up the barn and dig out the old foundation. several times i wasted valuable and expensive machine time repairing flat tires. also the manuverability in wet and slushy ground was a problem, i wish i could have used the magnatrack. I am thinking of restoring more barns the magnatrack will be my first major purchase. The most useless backhoe rig was the john dear 4whl drive tractor with the backhoe attachment. It wasn't very manuverable and the backhoe wasn't as powerful as the terramite. but the Terramite wasn't four wheel drive so in muddy ground using the bucket the thing just slid around. ....

View my Photos
Darin Mitchell

2000-01-25          12224

Hello all,
Hope all of you magnatrac are looking. Well today is my second day with
my new toy (magnatrac 5000) and have a couple questions that need some advice.
This unit it a 1996, 365 hrs, loader, backhoe, 3pt, ripper bar, & etc. I bought it from a gentlemen in my same state which was quit interesting seeing how I found his ad on the internet and knew that it was destiny that I have this. All kidding aside, I am curious to hear some suggestions on the follow problem. When I put a load on the tractor going up hill our pushing the unit seems to skip or something like hesitat real fast and then it will start moving again. Like I said this is my second day on it and have no real experience with crawlers in the past so any help will be greatly appreciated. I am curious to see how many people reply showing how many magna owners are out there. Thanks in advance

Darin

View my Photos
Darin Mitchell

2000-02-14          12802

WEll FYI the problem was just the lack of hydraulic fluid in the main reservoir. That was an awesome find after thinking I had to replace some pumps. So if anyone else experiences this here is what I ran into. There have got to be some more magnatrac owners out there that would like to compare stories.

View my Photos
catdogdad@msn.com

2002-03-10          36238

How are you. I have an older model magnatrac. It has been useful when I needed it. I must say you have to go over it almost every time you use it. I found it to be an inconvenience to worry about what " might go wrong this time". Whenever I have to use it. Although when it gets going it is very impressive with the power it packs compared to most other compact wheel machines; which I had the blessing to of had used at various times. It is hard to find owners on the web. I have been watching for a while then decided to respond. ....

View my Photos
ed /alabama eskin@Hi

2002-03-17          36450

I recently purchased a 6000 hydro deisel. The three
things that drive me crazy about this tractor are:
the drive sprockets pack up with dirt or mud,the fan
doesn't have a thermostatic switch, and the fan and fuel tank bounce like crazy when traveling. I hope to soon fix all of these myself soon. If anybody has any ideas please give. I'm always looking for good ideas. Ed ....

View my Photos
catdogdad@,msn.com

2002-09-17          42553

I would like to recind my last statement for it isn't very fair to the product. The frustration I was having at the time was my fault for not making miner adjustments when stated. The machine has been great otherwise. ....

View my Photos
T. D. Rye

2003-01-16          47651

I (for a short time) had a Magnatrack. I first want to say that I was very impressed with the power that this little machine had. I moved rocks and logs around my property that greatly outweight the machine. When the tracks stayed on, it did everything I asked it to. ok, here it comes, some of you other owners out there are going to say, adjust the track properly. Trust me I did. I followed the instructions in the owners manuel to the letter. I tell you what. if a rock the size of my fist got into, or between the rear sprockets, OFF COMES THE TRACK. I became a pro at putting those tracks back on. I just had to do it too often. ....

View my Photos
Kevin Stolhammer

2003-02-10          48999

I have a 5000B with loader (with hyd blade), PTO, and 3 pt. Someday I'll buy the backhoe, even if it's not quick attach. So far, I've excavated a 30x45 basement, built a 1/2 mile rode up a 45 degree incline, plowed snow for several seasons (230 hrs tt). While attachments (3 pt and buckets excluded) don't quickly swap, I'd still like to have one of each. Swapping isn't that difficult. Aftermarket, universal stuff just isn't worth the money. I've borrowed 3pt backhoes, and they don't give the performance I'd hope for. My job gives me the opportunity to 'trial' a lot of machines, and the magnatrac, tho permanently slow, still gets my vote. As to throwing tracks, never had a problem. I have had to de-ice them in the winter, but thats not a design flaw. Maintenance, whether greasing or adjusting, goes with any machine. ....

View my Photos
claude

2003-02-13          49207

Kevin, et al: I am beginning my research on products to help me clear my land in order to build eventually. I am looking at the Magnatrac. What are your thoughts on using the Magnatrac to push over and remove tree stumps? I will also need to put in a road/driveway. Approx 1/4 mile long and up an approx 14% incline. I will also want to "till" up the ground some after clearing the stumps. What are your thoughts. Thank you.

Mike ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login