NorTrac Tractor Quality Review: Chinese Tractors -- NorTrac Tractors  -- Chinese Tractors Discussion Forum and Review NorTrac Tractor Quality Review: Chinese Tractors -- NorTrac Tractors -- Chinese Tractors Discussion Forum

discussion   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   photos   |   email   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Chinese Tractors -- NorTrac Tractors Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-29-2000, 07:10 Post: 20984
Zoom Resounds Riding Center

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 NorTrac Tractor Quality Review

Has anyone heard of "NorTrac" tractors, by Northern Tractor Co., sold through Northern Tool & Equipment Co.? There price is to good for a new compact tractor, is it junk ??? Who manufactures the NorTrac???

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

11-12-2000, 10:47 Post: 21426
Justin

Nortrac Tractors

I recently purchased a 25 horsepower, model 254, four wheel drive tractor form Norhtern Tool and Tractor. So far the tractor has been perfect. I am able to pull a 5ft. bushog with incredible ease! The tractor is made in china. In my opinion, this is the best best deal for the money.
Justin

11-12-2000, 11:16 Post: 21428
Jerri Neese

Justin,

You are the first I know of to take the plunge and glad to hear the Nortrac is working out for you. If you would not mind, there are a number of folks here who would be interested to hear you opinions in regard to the tractor and how well it holds up for you. You are absolutely correct that at this price it would be impossible to beat. Good luck and let us know how things work out.

Thanks,

Jerri

11-13-2000, 04:42 Post: 21447
Zoom Resounds Riding Center

Filter by User

Justin;
Thanks for the info.
I will have to wait till' spring before buying, even at there price.
Ol'Mother Winter is a tough critter to survive up here in Maine.
If you run into problems with your NorTrac please post it.
Thanks again Stephen

01-03-2001, 09:01 Post: 23037
TBKEEFER

Last week I was in NC and stopped by the new Northern tractor store. I have to admit I was sceptical going in. "You get what you pay for"!!

From a distance the tractor looks alright, but once you get close you begin to see the poor quality and lack of attention to detail in the metal. The fuel tank looked like someone hand-forged it over a rock and never ground down the edges..

It started good, it was about 10degF and the tractor had was outside. I asked the salesman about the tractor manufac. He indicated that they were made by Rhino, and had been in the tractor business for 50 years. If you read the posts on the board about Rhino tractors, I think you can get the picture. Although with a company like Northern tool standing behind them they may be a better deal.

They do offer an extended warranty for 3 years that is around $350. This might be okay if you live near there service center.

Not trying to change anyones opinion, but thought I should share my observations.

01-03-2001, 12:40 Post: 23048
Cliff Addison

I saw one at the Northern store in Des Moines yesterday. They do look a little unrefined up close but with $$$$$ comes refinement and creature comforts. Looks like to me you are getting raw tractor. The catalog showed a 25hp unit for 6995.00. I'd say if maintainence parts are available and you like a tractor without all the bells and whistles it might be the ticket. I would sure look into the extended warranty also. Don't think I sell the NH just yet!

01-14-2001, 22:57 Post: 23421
Greg Crowe

My first time on and noticed the traffic on NorTracs. Been looking at/for compacts myself, and was curious as to the actual maker of these things. In my searching, I ran across the 'Allied' brand, and they look identical to the Northerns, except price. Search for 'Allied tractors' on the web and you'll eventually come up with at least two locations that sell and service the Allied version... I'm pretty sure they're one and the same tractor out of Singapore.....

Greg

12-29-2003, 19:27 Post: 72622
R Beck
2003-12-29 00:00:00

I bought a 204C Nortrac and I am very happy with it. I have 25 hours on it now and I got it in October. Been hauling fire wood and put a 7' snowplow (truck type) on the front and it moves it like it is not there. Tractor has been fantastic and so has Northern Tool.

RayB

12-29-2003, 19:35 Post: 72623
R Beck
2003-12-29 00:00:00

TBKeeper. If you are refering to the Nortrac Tractor it is made by Jinma. If you are refering to something else there it might have been Rino. As far as I'm aware all the tractors are Jinmas. And though not upto the JD standards they really are not to bad for the money. Yes you do have to check the bolts and fix a leak once in a while but the only leak I had on mine was from the fitting I had changed to add my plow. I would buy another one once I want to go for the next larger size.

R Beck

01-07-2004, 21:42 Post: 73409
Tex*Sun
2004-01-07 00:00:00

Does anyone know if All Northern Stores are dealers/suppliers that keep parts in stock. I have a farm in Texas and also in North Carolina. The store in Charlotte North Carolina is close to my farm. I have been keeping an eye on the info shared here on this site about the NorTrac Tractors and am interested in the 20 or 25 hp tractors to use with a brush hog on 8 Ac.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Chinese Tractors -- NorTrac Tractors Forum

Thread 20984 Filter by Poster:
beagle 1 | candoarms 1 | chipuren 1 | Cliff Addison 1 | CopperHills 1 | Cropdustr 1 | cthonestguy 2 | DanB 1 | dpelleg 2 | drsalmi 1 | edward_dugas 1 | gauthier 3 | Greg Crowe 1 | greg_g 6 | Harryg 1 | JAMESC1212 1 | Jerri Neese 1 | JINMA224 2 | johnboy64 1 | JohnS 2 | Justin 1 | jwngej 2 | kskwash 1 | Marbles33 1 | maternut 1 | MidTNJerry 1 | R Beck 2 | stevemc 1 | tadeibler 1 | TBKEEFER 1 | Tex*Sun 1 | Tom Pike 1 | WarHorse 1 | Zoom Resounds Riding Center 2 |

Most Viewed

+ NorTrac Tractor Quality Review
+ Nortrac Tractors vs Kubota Quality
+ Who makes Nortrac?
+ NorTrac Tractor
+ Are these dozers more reliable now?
+ nortrac tractors 20hp or 25hp
+ NorTrac Tractors
+ Foton Tractors, a threat to the market.
+ Nortrac NT-254 rear seal blown?
+ nt204c

Most Discussion

+ Nortrac Tractors vs Kubota Qua
+ NorTrac Tractor Quality Review
+ Who makes Nortrac?
+ NorTrac Tractors
+ Are these dozers more reliable
+ nt204c
+ Nortrac NT304C Tractor Fuel
+ PTO powered splitter
+ Bought used nortrac tractor