Go Bottom Go Bottom

Nortrac Tractor 3-point hitch will not lower

View my Photos
beastbur
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-30          166074

I'm not able to lower the hitch. I have a front-end loader, and the controls/hydraulics work fine.

If I position the control lever down I can manually push down the hitch, and with raising the control lever, I can raise the hitch..hydraulically. I checked the dip stick, and Hydraulic fluid will have to be added...dry.

Curious if others have had a similar problem...thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
beastbur

2009-09-30          166075

would like to add that I have a nortrac 304c ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-30          166077

Is the problem the lift not going down or the low fluid or both?

If low fluid have you ever checked it and if so it was fine have you looked for leaks?

But the lift, will it not go down with an implement on it? If so do you have a manual valve (often under the seat) that you can close and lock the lift up or adjust how slow it lowers? If not are you sure the linkage is not rusted or other wise sticking? Have you tried oiling all pivot points on the lift? Have you checked to be sure nothing is bent causing it to bind?

If the lift pivot points are rusty or such and it is only an issue when nothing is on the lift that is rather normal.

Welcome to TP. Hope you really enjoy it here. It has been a real benefit to me over the years. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-09-30          166087

The Jinma 300 Series has a 1-lever draft control system. Note that there is a center detente in the lift control lever. The top half of the lever travel raises/lowers the rear lift. The bottom half of the lever travel is for draft control. Unless you are actively using a ground engaging implement, you don't need to push the lever below the center detente.

The flow control valve is the knob between your lower legs (as you're sitting in the operator seat). Its purpose is to control the rate of fall of the rear lift. The heavier the implement on the lift, the slower you want to set the flow. If you want empty lift arms to lower under their own weight, that knob has to be set for maximum flow.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
beastbur

2009-10-01          166088

Thanks guys...I'll top off the hydraulic reservoir, and adjust the flow control valve between the seat. I have a 12" post hole auger that I wish to install.

As I had mentioned earlier...I can lower the control lever down, and I can manually apply pressure to the hitch and the hitch will lower. No doubt with the auger attached, I should be able to lower the hitch with the attachment installed.

Originally, I had the impression that I could apply hydraulic pressure to lower the hitch assembly which would be ideal when using the auger.

The tractor only has 77 hours, and it's nearly two years old. Got a great deal on it.

Thanks again. Brand

View my Photos
greg_g

2009-10-01          166090

Rear lifts have no down pressure, it's gravity drop only. Some post hole diggers however, feature an optional downforce cylinder - but they're pricey. Most folks who don't dig holes for a living just use whatever's handy to use as a downforce lever: 2x4, landscape timber.

Word of caution though. Many owners - particularly of the smaller Chinese tractors - have unwittingly damaged their rear lift with post hole diggers. There's a tendency to want to raise the arms too high to get the auger out of a hole. When the arms lift beyond their normal range of travel, the O-rings and wipers on the hydraulic piston get torn. It's not a difficult or expensive repair, just time-consuming and messy. To avoid this, make sure you set the height limiters on the lift lever. And if you're parked at such an angle where the auger still won't lift clear of the hole, don't be tempted to get that last inch out of the lift lever. Get on the tractor and drive in whatever direction is necessary to pull the auger clear.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
beastbur

2009-10-01          166095

Thanks again Greg...great tip. As soon as it quits snowing, I'll get to work.

Brand ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-10-02          166107

S N O W I N G ???? ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-10-02          166120

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 166107
S N O W I N G ????

One of our local tv stations has a new lady there who is from Wyoming or Montanna and yesterday she said the weather at 50 for low here was fine with her as it was snowing in her home state. ....

View my Photos
mecbob1

2014-11-21          191483

I had a problem with the 3 point hitch taking forever to go down even with a load. I found info here at this site. Thanks to the person who pointed out that the knob just below the seat that opens & closes a valve to control the speed of the hitch has a set screw that holds the valve in place. It is small & not easy to see. He pointed out you could remove the valve once you loosen the set screw. Well I thought I may have forced the valve to far in one direction as the valve doesn't turn very far in either direction cw or ccw. I thought the valve was stuck that's where I went wrong. The fix: I loosened up on the set screw(allen wrench). I then turned the knob ccw a little & found it lowered as normal. I tightened the set screw & I won't play with that knob again. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login