Go Bottom Go Bottom

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
homesteader
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-10-18          157349

Thanks I think I am OK on motor oil and hydraulic fluid now. All I think I need now is the transmission fluid. I will go to the lubrication section on the forum. I didn't notice it before.
Thanks a lot Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-10-18          157350

Naw, you're just fine right here. Working on Chinese tractors is old school - including lubrication. So you're best stickin' here - with the folks that actually own/operate/maintain them.

//greg// ....

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-12-19          158704

I have to agree with greg, when it comes to guys (greg, murf, & others that I can't name) that know there beans about these tractors, these guys are tops. I'm dumb as a red brick and they're just as patient and helpful as can be. Also when I need parts these are the guys I like to deal with.

Ask your question(s) and you'll get quick correct answers. ....

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-12-20          158732

Speaking of which (sort of), there's a product called Fluid Film (drums, cans, or aerosols) that advertises in trade publications. Supposedly prevents rust as an undercoating, stops snow from sticking to blades, prevents locks from freezing, and adds 20 years to the life of your equipment by putting a can in your toolbox. Anybody tried it? ....

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-20          158736

"and adds 20 years to the life of your equipment by putting a can in your toolbox"

Auer, does it work the same way keeping a gym membership card in your wallet takes off weight?

Anywho...TSC sells it. The last time I looked at it years ago I think I saw something about graphite being the main ingredient--could be wrong. IMHO any spray on coating that doesn't cure or stick like paint or otherwise not rub off--will. In my offroading days getting muddy, we used Pam vegetable spray or household silicone spray lube. ....

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-12-20          158737

I went on their website www.eurekafluidfilm.com and found this in part:

Fluid FilmŪ AS & NAS are formulated from specially processed wool-wax, highly refined petroleum oils and selected agents to provide corrosion control, penetration, metal wetting and water displacement. These long lasting products contain no solvents, will not dry out and will penetrate to the base of all metals, providing corrosion protection from both natural and industrial atmospheres.

They didn't come right out and say graphite but as I recall it had a greyish color.

Nor-trac lubricants

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-12-21          158758

If it's graphite-based, I applied a graphite no-stick paint to one-third of the underside of my mower deck, and undercoating oil to another third. In how much chaff stuck to the deck, there was no difference in the three sections. I expect it would be similar on snow sticking. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login