Go Bottom Go Bottom

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
sjrogers1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-06          151141

We have a Nortrac 304C. We would like to be able to operate a hydraulic cylinder. What would we need? We understand that the hydraulic connections are constant pressure to operate a pump.
Steve

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-06          151146

Cylinder isn't really much info. Would help to know what the cylinder is going to be used for; trailer lift? log splitter? toplink? Did Northern equip the tractor with an auxiliary hydraulic line? with hydraulic remotes?

//greg// ....

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
sjrogers1

2008-02-07          151152

The tractor has two lines at the back. It is my understanding the lines just flow fluid at a constant pressure. We would like to opperate a hydraulic cylinder on a planter or small mower. The hydraulic now would opperate a hydraulic motor I think.
Steve ....

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-07          151154

I'm sorry, but "two lines at the back" doesn't help either. Are they capped? Do they have connectors on them? If so, can you trace the lines back to a set of control valves? If no caps or connectors, do they just enter and exit the hydraulic lift housing?

Any chance you can post photos?

//greg// ....

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
sjrogers1

2008-02-08          151181

I can probably post photos in a couple of weeks. We got the info on the constant hydraulic pressure for a motor from Northern Hydraulic. There also is no lift lever on the tractor. The system I'm talking about would have to be an add on. ....

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
Murf

2008-02-08          151183

If you have lines to the back of the tractor you likely already have a set of remotes and a valve installed.

I think the remotes are part of the package if you have a loader on the tractor. The Northern website mentions it in the description of several machines like this; "High strength mounting brackets for load distribution and GB tractor mounted joystick provides permanent dual remotes for the tractor.".

See if it's mentioned in Operators Manual for the tractor.

Best of luck. ....

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
chipuren

2008-02-28          151765

Many Jinmas were shipped with "half remote" it is an alternative flow of the oil that would normally be supplied to the 3 point lift cylinder. The 304 is not known for high hydraulic flows so I doubt a hydraulic motor would be very usefule, a dump cylinder might be. I noticed you are in Arkasas, what part? we are in Clarksville, I-40 exit 58 if we can help. ....

Nortrac hydraulic

View my Photos
sjrogers1

2008-03-23          152344

Chipuren,
I will contact you this week sometime at your store (ARTRAC). I live in Mountain Home, AR. The tractor is in SE Iowa.
Steve ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login