Go Bottom Go Bottom

Excessive Vibration of Fuel Tank

View my Photos
LadyMyst
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-10-12          135901

Any of you Nortrac owners experience problems with fuel tank vibration? We have the 304C and at certain ratios, the fuel tank vibrates so violently that it breaks the fuel guage/cap. Have had to have Northern send two in a short period of time and here we are with another one broken. Any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-10-12          135904

IMO, the tank shouldn't shake at all to begin with--either it's a bad design, parts are missing or the engine has a bad miss--or all of the above. I'd look to see if you can either isolate the tank mounting by using a resilent rubber (sheeting, pieces of tire sidewall rubber) or thick EPDM foam weatherstrip tape from Home Depot, or the other choice is to hard-mount it to the machine and let it vibrate at the same frequency as the engine. You might also need to increase RPM's to help smooth out the engine. Lugging the engine and low RPM's will cause vibration too. that All my late-model equipment and vehicles have diesels that are more efficient at higher RPM's.

You might also look for loose engine mounts if the engine sits in between the frame rails instead of being the rails itself. ....

View my Photos
Carldarnell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-11-25          137321

The tank on my NT254 worked loose. I tightened the straps up and it has not given anymore trouble. I did have to let it seek it's own spot by wiggling it around as I tightened the straps. It don't set exactly square with the base but it is snugged down now and has not worked loose. That was over 100hrs ago. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login