Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fuel system question

View my Photos
fishmaycraft
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-19          126315

NorTrac 25 hp 4x4
I was going to change the fuel filter, but that dang thing is tight!! Where do I relieve the pressure at, any other tips? Also, where do I bleed the air out of the system prior starting the tractor?
I just read that I was supposed to have a screen to filter the fuel when adding it, I don't have one of those. Sheesh I better figure some of these things out.

FMC

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fuel system question

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-21          126469

FMC,

Surprised no one else has replied already and as I don't know Nor Trac can only give you some general help.

I think you are just finding the filter is tight, doubt it is pressurized.

As to where to bleed it, does your manual not show you and then tell you how to?

I find if I fill my filters full (with diesel fuel), normally I don't have to bleed them. Normally I do this with warm engine.

As to screen to filter the fuel. Are you buying fuel and repumping it if so install a filter unit on your pump. If you are buying 5 or 10 gallons at the time I think you will be fine. Either way, you buy diesel where they sell diesel and that means a lot so the fuel is fresh.

WIsh you well with your NorTrac.

kt ....

Fuel system question

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-21          126470

FMC,

Forget to mention, do a search here on additives. You probably will need to use a fuel additive unless you run your tractor more than most of us.

kt ....

Fuel system question

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-21          126473

Fishmaycraft

I belive The nortrac is the same as a jinma. I have a farm pro 25hp 4wd (jinma) I had to take the entire bracket off that holds the fuel filter and put it in a vice to get the filter off. When you do this tie the fuel lines up so they wont drain out. Re-install the bracket, fill the filter up with fuel and screw it back on and connect the lines. This way you should not have to bleed the fuel lines. I did not fill the filter up and it would not crank, put fuel in the filter cranked right up. Those chinese must put them on with a torque wrench. I have the cross ref. numbers for all the filters for the 25hp tractor. My tractor has a filter screen under the filler cap. Wal-Mart has additives for deisel. I have tried Sea Foam and I like it. If you search the post for Fuel Additives all that info is there. ....

Fuel system question

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-03-21          126489

KT

Mine was not pressurerized I dont know why the fuel filter was so tight, the oil filter was normal. The manuals for the Jinma leave alot to be desired. I wish that someone would come out with a manual that would show a non mechnic like me examples. Until then I will ask questions on this site. The Jinma link I posted awile ago is the closest I have found. ....

Fuel system question

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-03-22          126501

As a also nonmechanic I wonder if they use a sealant on the fuel filter gaskets to prevent even the smallest air leak as that would stop the engine. It must be that or the material they use holds very well. On my Kubotas sometimes they are hard to remove and I always only tighten hand tight. Makes me think it is the material used or combination of.

Lets see manuals writen in common sense? Are we not talking the impossible when VCR manuals have yet to get there? Between translations and laws doubt it will get much better.

kt ....

Fuel system question

View my Photos
fishmaycraft
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-22          126513

Taking the bracket off is a good idea. I was afraid to put too much pressure on it in trying to break the filter loose. I didn't want to break anything, so I just left it alone for now. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login