Power issue with TC33D: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Power issue with TC33D: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 07-10-2004, 22:54 Post: 90522
jsalyer1

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

I purchased a TC33D new with a 7308 FEL and 914A Mower. Tractor runs great. I have always thought my tractor was under powered. I recently test drove another TC33D and found that it had more pulling power than mine. High range in my tractor is only useful on totally flat land. If there is any kind of grade at all, it will not pull. Engine just bogs down. Tractor has 320 hrs on it. Hydraulic fluid has been changed three times. My dealer doesn't have a clue what can be wrong. It is under warranty but I don't want a tractor that has been taken apart just after 300 hrs of use. My dealer has a terrible service department.
It's been this way since it was new. I just thought it was the way those tractors were. I am operating the tractor at 2100 RPMs. Loader seems a bit weak as well but I haven't had an opportunity to compare it to any thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is really frustrating. I really hate to go green or orange. The tractor is a perfect size and I think the controls for the operator are much better than green or orange.

Picture Link
New Holland Tractor Review: Power-issue-with-TC33D

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

07-11-2004, 07:05 Post: 90532
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

When you say "test drove and it had more pulling power than yours" are you comparing apples and apples? I mean are you sure that your tracor is not just under sized for the impliments your using when pulling up those steep hills I saw in your pics? If you were to consider going to anouther tractor consider a tc 35 or 40. Blue id the prettiest color out there and the very sharp looking new design is very appealing! Laughing out loud
Good luck with your problems, I am sure a few mechanics here on the board can tell you something to look for, I on the other hand would use it as an excuse to buy a larger tractor!

07-11-2004, 07:10 Post: 90533
brokenarrow

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

When you say "test drove and it had more pulling power than yours" are you comparing apples and apples? I mean are you sure that your tracor is not just under sized for the impliments your using when pulling up those steep hills I saw in your pics? If you were to consider going to anouther tractor consider a tc 35 or 40. Blue id the prettiest color out there and the very sharp looking new design is very appealing! Laughing out loud
Good luck with your problems, I am sure a few mechanics here on the board can tell you something to look for, I on the other hand would use it as an excuse to buy a larger tractor!

07-11-2004, 08:50 Post: 90541
jsalyer1

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

My tractor was at the dealer being checked out when I test drove the other TC33D. First I pulled the new TC33D up a small incline. It pulled it in high fine. I backed back down half way stopped and went up it again. This is with no implements. I then got on my tractor pulled up to the same incline and just barely got up it in high. I then backed down halfway, tried to take off, wouldn't budge. Dealer stood right there and watched me. Only difference in tractors was mine had a FEL and the other diddn't.

07-11-2004, 11:22 Post: 90547
treeman

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Power issue with TC33D

Take your loader off and try it. My TC33D acts weaker with the loader on because it weighs almost 1000 pounds. Same thing with the belly mower. It slows the tractor because it weighs maybe 700lbs. When Winter comes and I only have my rear snow blade on, it feels like it has twice the power.

07-11-2004, 12:54 Post: 90550
jsalyer1

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

That's a good point. I have also test drove a kubota B2910 (29)w/FEL that would pull up much steeper hills than mine would start in high or second.

07-12-2004, 06:18 Post: 90610
TomG

TP Contributor

Power issue with TC33D

Differences in weight sure could be the explanation, and the loader seems a good bet. Loaded tires also would make a difference.

There is one simple thing to check. I recall several threads about low power from HST tractors. The explanation for at least one of them was that the drakes were dragging.

07-12-2004, 08:39 Post: 90628
5picker

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

With my TC33D and FEL, weight is a factor in performance, especially in "Hi or III'rd" range. While I don't have any problem starting out or going up inclines in "Hi" with an empty machine and the FEL and ballast box attached, I do see a MAJOR difference with the bucket fully loaded. So I suspect in "Hi," you are close the limitations of the machine empty, add in some weight in the bucket, and you are pushing it's limits.

I doubt "hi" is intended to be used for much other than highway transport. I find I use range "II" for most projects and on occasion will run out of power there as well. I have yet to run into a situation where range "I" didn't supply superior power...even to the point of being downright scared I could damage my machine!
Tim

07-12-2004, 08:59 Post: 90631
DRankin

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

Is 2100 rpm the max on this machine? If not I suggest kicking it in the butt and running at least at PTO speed.

Also, one of the hardest things to learn after years of driving cars is that when you want to climb a hill with a HST you have to back off on the pedal. That right foot is trained to push that pedal into passing gear.

07-12-2004, 19:07 Post: 90700
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Power issue with TC33D

Don't be afraid to run the engine at full throttle when you start to bog it down. By now it s very well broken in.

Another issue that might be wrong with your unit is the relief valve may be set too low from the factory. Your dealer can adjust that with little problem. As far as have your tractor tore down with only 300 some hours on it, I have tore them in to many many pieces with just 4 to 10 hours on them. Some times things happen that is why there is a warranty. If you don't want your tractor tore down trade it in.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 90522 Filter by Poster:
5picker 2 | bluetay 1 | brokenarrow 2 | DRankin 3 | jsalyer1 5 | oneace 2 | StephenR 2 | TomG 1 | treeman 1 | yooperpete 2 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT