Front loader and Supersteer?: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Front loader and Supersteer?: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-12-1999, 00:00 Post: 8723
Joe

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Front loader and Supersteer?

Just talked with a dealer who sells Bush Hog brand front loaders, and he told me that Bush Hog does not make a front loader for the TC29D with supersteer. He also said that New Holland has some reservations about putting their own front loader on a TC with supersteer. Is anyone aware of a problem here? Has anyone had problems of any kind with supersteer?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

10-12-1999, 00:00 Post: 8729
Tim

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Front loader and Supersteer?

Joe,I had a 1530 Boomer with supersteer and a NH 1708 loader. Pretty easy on and off but had problems with the quick connects leaking all the time. (had to put a pan underneath the connections when it was parked inside) Also the standard duty bucket was pretty wimpy (my current JD 4300 has a heavy duty version) Something that was mentioned in another posting was that the loader rattled and appeared very loose/sloppy when it was properly attached according to the manual. When higher road speeds were used, it was almost unsettling to hear the banging from the attaching points and made me wonder if it was properly adjusted or assembled (both were checked). The biggest feat to overcome when driving a supersteer equipped tractor is when you turn the steering wheel one way, the supersteer mechanism will push the bucket the opposite way a few inches, which can make close quarter movements (i.e. next to a vehicle/house/tree or whatever) a little tricky. This is just the nature of the beast and can really only be observed with the loader on. (harder to see the shifting action going on without the loader attached). I also felt the 800# rating for the lift capacity was a little off. (600-700# loads made the loader grunt a little) This tractor was built heavy enough to handle a 1100# load, in my honest opinion. You could actually see the rear uprights bending inward when the loader bucket was full and travelling across uneven ground. New Holland also needs to get a different pressure relief valve spring to allow a little more pressure to get to the loader so it actually sounds like it is loading the engine a little before the hydraulics stall out and you end up backing out of the load to lift it off the ground. This of course was on my '98 model 1530, which may have been cured in newer models. Hope this helps!!

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 8723 Filter by Poster:
Joe 1 | Tim 1 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT