new holland tc s: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review new holland tc s: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-21-2002, 20:19 Post: 34827
tgello

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

i own a tc33d with super steer. it has a o.e.m. loader and backhoe. i was in the process of buying a tc45d and wanted to outfit it with a bradco backhoe. my dealer told me that new holland would not warranty the tractor with a bradco hoe installed on it. i was a little shocked to hear this and so i decided to do a little checking with other dealers to see if they had heard of this? most said no. i was starting to question my dealers word, so i decided to call new holland warranty division. i was told that it was indeed true. if you install any hoe other than thiers it will cancell your warranty on tc's. i then called bradco and they told me it was true and that thier back hoes are too powerfull for tc's.,and that it literally willrip the machine in two if used agressivly. they told me that they removed the tc's from the catalog listing on backhoes.the person i spoke with was named bryan. he told me they had a machine at thier plant that broke in two during testing. they also had a tc29 bust the frame with a belly mower on it. the break out force of a bradco hoe is allmost double of the new holland brand hoes. both work off the same pump flow and pump pressure.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

01-22-2002, 06:28 Post: 34834
TomG

TP Contributor

new holland tc's

That's some good information. I've also heard there are warranty issues with hoes on some JD's, and some Kubotas require installation of reinforcing brackets. Warranty coverage is a good subject to keep in mind. It's always a gray area as to what constitutes abuse. Many dealers would cover anything they sold even if they had to argue with the manufacture or do it themselves. However, it's best to stay out of gray areas. Use of other implements that are 'outside' weight or HP recommendations of the implement manufacturer might be another gray area.

I doubt that Kubota is in a strong legal position asserting that only their own hoes are covered, but who needs the aggravation? I wonder if it's all Bradco hoes on any TC or simply the particular hoe/tractor combination? Too bad about Bradco since I believe they are a very well regarded hoe. However, the reality probably is that Bradco figures they wouldn't sell enough hoes to TC owners to justify a battle with Kubota. They almost certainly could design a modification that would bring hoe forces on the tractor within acceptable ranges--simply lowering the relief valve pressure setting probably would do it.

On the other hand, itís good to keep in mind that a tractor isnít like a dedicated hoe. Maybe tractor owners should avoid particularly powerful hoes and just contract out particularly heavy work. Besides, power always comes at the expense of speed for given pressures and flows. Under heavy loads, flow is reduced from spec and the hoe slows down. I know I spend more time Ďho hummingí waiting for a heavy bucket to lift out of the hole than I spend trying to move the unmovable. Iím reasonable happy with my little wimpy 3ph hoe.

01-22-2002, 08:42 Post: 34843
tgello

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

just a thought, i was thinking of selling my tc33d with super steer,7308 loader,757c back hoe,ind. tires,arm rests and 182 hours. whats the going price out in the real world? i am the original owner and it still has factory warranty remaining.

01-24-2002, 19:41 Post: 34898
JohnInCA

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

tgello,

Interesting post regarding Bradco hoes on TCs. I have a TC29D and purchased a Bradco 408. The 408 is slightly more powerful than the 758C (80 lbs dipper, and 120 lbs bucket). They have a subframe available to fit a TC25/29/33, and were more than willing to sell it to me. No one said anything about warranty issues. I had one little problem though, it wouldn't fit properly on the tractor. Ended up having to return it without ever using it. I know they also offer mounting kits for their 509/511/609/611 hoes (very powerful units) for the TC35/40/45 series. I've actually seen the kit, as the dealer ordered and delivered one to me by mistake (four weeks ago).

You really make me wonder what Bradco is doing. On one hand they tell you they aren't going to sell them, and yet they will sell them. Anyway, the warranty thing makes me glad I never was successful mounting it.

So what do you think of your 757C? I was thinking of buying a 758C. According to NH printed materials, it can go on a TC29D. I also noticed that it is the largest hoe (available from NH) for a TC35/40/45.

01-24-2002, 20:50 Post: 34900
tgello

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

johninca,the 757 backhoe on my tc33d is okay for small stuff, butit doesn't have a great deal of break out force. i also own a john deere 410 loader/backhoe so i tend to compare the two and there really is no comparison. it's been fine for digging utility trenches and stuff close to buildings, and transplanting christmas trees. was looking at a tc45d with the 758c hoe. don't know if it is too big of a hoe for the 29? my item about the bradco hoes came about from me wanting to sell the tc33 and the jd 410 and get something in between the two that would have some decent power. i like the bradcos because thier almost double the break out power of the new hollands .

01-24-2002, 21:19 Post: 34902
JohnInCA

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

I just thought of something regarding the warranty issues. It all depends on your dealer. If they don't say anything to NH about a Bradco backhoe on the tractor, you won't have any problem with a warranty claim. Although, I suppose if the warranty claim is a tractor broken in two pieces, you will have a bit of a problem explaining what happened. However, for anything else, if your dealer keeps quiet, NH would never know there was a backhoe involved.

01-24-2002, 21:50 Post: 34903
tgello

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

johninca, the problem with the warranty issue is new holland would want to know what caused the damage and would probably send someone to look in to it further. my local dealer had a problem with the bradco hoe issue. i spoke with the owner of that dealer wed. he told me that bradco payed the bill . i was also told that the machine was a rental unit that had the frame welded two or three times be fore. i was told that the engine block cracked from all the stress on the scab welded frame. bradco payed the tab.$6000. my local dealer (r.w. thompson, in CT.) was the only dealer that was up front with me on this issue. by the way, he also told me that the tractor was out of it's factory warranty. if you use the machine your self and are easy on it and don't pull any 12 ton rocks out of a hole he said you probably would never have a problem... i don't know about you, but i can't seem to get any of those money trees to grow on my property, if you get my drift! tgello

01-24-2002, 22:03 Post: 34904
JohnInCA

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

tgello,

Excellent points. If the engine block has cracked, it will somewhat difficult to explain. You've really burst my bubble now. I was actually considering an upgrade from the TC29D to the TC40D so that I could buy a 609. Now you're making me reconsider. I would go with a 758C, but I'm afraid I might be disappointed by it's performance. My only experience with backhoe digging power was a 4x4 NH 555E I rented for a week. Lots of power, but a huge machine.

01-24-2002, 22:23 Post: 34905
tgello

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

johninca ,i too am having second thoughts about going to the 45d with a 609. i am thinking of keeping my jd410 and the 33d,or going to a kubota L4610 with the kubota hoe or the 609. kubota's hoe has good power. bradco told me that they haven't had any issues with kubota/bradco set ups. i haven't had a chance to talk to kubota warranty dept. on this matter. if i were to buy a kubota with the 609 i would get it in writing from both the dealer and factory before i signed on the dotted line....

01-25-2002, 20:17 Post: 34930
tgello

Filter by User
 new holland tc's

to anyone listening, i just got the skinny from new holland of north america on the issue of installing a backhoe other than thiers on a nh tractor. the e-mail stated that the tractors warranty is not voided if you install another brand of hoe on it. if there is a problem or damage to the machine due to the installation then they will not cover it in warranty..oh well, i guess that answers it once and for all. thanks for listening to me whine. tgello

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 34827 Filter by Poster:
John Mc 5 | JohnInCA 12 | RHumphreys 1 | soundguy34421 1 | tgello 10 | TomG 1 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT