New Holland vs Deere-what model and price: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review New Holland vs Deere-what model and price: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-20-2002, 08:30 Post: 34773
jimbopa
2002-01-20 08:30:49
 New Holland vs Deere-what model and price

I am looking at a 4300 with belly mower,430 loader,47 backhoe and 4 wheel with turf all for around 29K. Its a 32 hp machine. What measures up in the new holland line? How does the price compare?

I called a local dealer and he said they would be a big 1K less-not much considering the resale value and availablity of parts compared to the deere.

I have also heard some quicky stories about the NH-can anyone tell me what they think and cost and models

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

01-20-2002, 09:13 Post: 34781
Bird Senter

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Compare it to the New Holland TC33D; see which one you like best, which dealer you like best, which one gives you the best price, and more importantly, perhaps, drive them and see which one FEELS best to you.

01-20-2002, 09:26 Post: 34782
Mrwurm

I agree with 'the Bird' . Shop around and drive both. I spent three months looking at Kubota, Deere, NH, and Massey. For a 32 to 35 Hp machine with FEL, turfs, belly mower, 4x4, and hydro I found the NH to be about $1,800 cheaper than Deere. Beware that prices can vary drastically among dealers. I have three NH dealers near me and the price on the same machine varies by $1,600. I found the NH to have the best value and the best operator controls and comfort. The specs and all the machines compared about equally except for Massey. Massey was low on hydrauic flow and is simply an outdated machine. 'just my opinion' The NH dealer I plan to purchase from sends parts and supplies to customers via ups with free shipping. He also does warranty repairs at your site. Oh yeah, drive a NH TC33D with supersteer. It speaks for itself.

01-20-2002, 09:54 Post: 34785
John Mc

Filter by User

As others have mentioned, look at the TC33D (hydro) or TC33 (gear tranny). The NH equivalent of a JD 47 backhoe would probably be the NH 757C (same digging depth, similar digging force, etc.) It's a nice backhoe, subframe mount, and you don't have to remove any of the 3pt hitch parts to mount it (unlike a lot of subframe mount hoes).

I bought a NH TC33D last summer w/loaded R4 tires, block heater and FEL. The price with the NH 7308 FEL was $17,500. I opted to spend another $200 for the Woods 1012 FEL (heavier lift capacity and larger rollback and dump angles). I could have saved another $500 from a distant dealer, but opted to go local, since they had a great rep for service.

Can't help you much on the backhoe price. I THINK the 757C lists for $6800, but I'm not sure (at any rate, you should not pay list, especially if you buy it at the same time as the tractor).

John

01-28-2002, 08:17 Post: 35029
soundguy34421
2002-01-28 00:00:00

what is supersteer?

01-28-2002, 08:32 Post: 35032
John Mc

Filter by User

SuperSteer is something New Holland came up with to allow a tighter turning radius on their tractors. As in other tractors, the front wheels turn when you turn the steering wheel. Unlike other tractors, the whole front axle will also turn a bit to allow even sharper turns (the inside wheel moves back, the outside wheel moves forward). Neat idea, but not something I really needed. I believe on TC's it adds about $1000 to the price (but I may be wrong on this).

The Supersteer option also includes something called "Sensitrack" which automatically switches between 4WD and 2WD as needed. A fair number of people leave the tractor in this setting all the time. Less marking when mowing on firm ground, since it generally stays in 2WD, then automatically kicks in 4WD if things start to slip. You can also set it for full-time 4WD if your in working conditions that need it.

John

03-20-2002, 21:51 Post: 36552
K.
2002-03-20 00:00:00

JOHN: WHERE DID YOU BUY YOURE TC33D WITH 7308LOADER FOR $17500 THANKS KEITH

03-20-2002, 22:14 Post: 36554
John Mc

Filter by User

Keith -

I actually ended up paying 17,700 for a TC33D with a Woods 1012 loader (I wanted the heavier capacity and better rollback and dump angles on the Woods unit). But before I actually made that decision, I was able to get the dealer down to $17,500 for the tractor and a 7308 loader w/HD bucket, filled R4's and block heater. The dealer was Champlain Valley Equipment in Middlebury, VT (802-388-4967). I dealt with Derek, who was very knowledgable and quite helpful. Champlain Valley Equip. also has a good reputation for service.

The cheapest deal I found was from Bechard's in NY, but they were too far away for my liking, and don't have the service reputation that C. V. has.

03-21-2002, 18:27 Post: 36591
K.
2002-03-21 00:00:00

HI JOHN I WANTED TO TELL YOU I HAVE A QUOTE ON A TC40 NOT HYDRO WITH A 16LA LOADER, A SE6 RHINO BRUSHOG BX72 BOX BLADE AND A CANOPY FOR 21,650 SEEMS KIND OF HIGH WHAT I THINK I REALLY WANT IS THE D (DELUXE WITH HYDRO). I LIVE IN OKLAHOMA WHICH WOULD BE A LONG ROAD TRIP TO YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. ANY HELP YOU GIVE IS APPRICIATED!! KEITH

03-21-2002, 20:01 Post: 36594
Tom Kopf

K., I bought my TC40D with supersteer, 17LA, loaded R4s, HD bucket with hooks,and block heater for 22,200. I love this machine and would recomend it to anyone. I'm glad I spent the extra 1000 for the SS. The extra $$ for the "D" model also gets you much more than just the hydro. Good luck, TK

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 34773 Filter by Poster:
Bird Senter 1 | BobTheFarmer 1 | cdcole 5 | DennisCTB 2 | DRankin 1 | Jeff Earthwerks Unlimited 1 | jimbopa 1 | John Mc 3 | JSalyer 1 | K. 2 | L. C. 1 | Mike S 2 | MRETHICS 1 | Mrwurm 1 | soundguy34421 1 | TC29 in Wa. 1 | Tom Kopf 1 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT