150 hour service: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review 150 hour service: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 09-26-2001, 13:46 Post: 32045
Danny Yerks

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 150 hour service

I'm at the 150 hour mark on my TC29D now. The dealer took care of the 50 hour service for free, but now I would have to pay for having them do it, so I'll do it myself. As near as I can tell from the manual, all that's required is an engine oil and filter change, clean the air filter, and clean the fuel filter.1) Oil and filter change. I guess I'll just buy the oil and filter from the dealer, escpecially since I'm still within the 2 year warranty. Is there anywhere else to get New Holland brand filters?2) Clean the air filter. I assume I can just clean it with a shop vac and blow it out with an air compressor.3) Clean the fuel filter. I hoping to just follow the steps in the manual for draining and bleeding the fuel system. Is the manual complete, or is there anything else I should know?Did I miss anything? Thanks.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

09-26-2001, 13:59 Post: 32046
BillMullens

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 150 hour service

I'm not sure about using an air compressor for cleaning the air filter. I know that the some type of filters are supposedly damaged by the high pressure air, even though I think that it is common shop practice. Maybe better to use the shop vac to blow through the filter.
I've bled the fuel system four or five times; the last two times I tried bleeding without cranking the tractor; that is, just loosening the bleed plug on top of the injector pump and turning the fuel on. Probably works best with a full tank of fuel. That worked fine for me. First, I leave the sediment bowl loose, and turn the fuel on until the fuel starts coming out from around the bowl. This displaces a lot of air that would otherwise have to be bled from the top bleed plug.
I've tried to ascertain what is the proper amount of bleeding. I guess if the tractor starts and runs ok then the fuel system is sufficiently bled.
Bill

09-26-2001, 16:58 Post: 32048
Hans Top

150 hour service

Bill theres nothing to it. One suggestion is that when you do the work first remove the oil filter then change out the fuel filter. With the oil filter out of the way you will have much more room to get the sediment/ filter bowl off and on. Hans

09-26-2001, 16:59 Post: 32049
cutter

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 150 hour service

Danny, I ran mine out of fuel and it was a simple job to open the bleed screw that is described in the owner's guide, and bleed the system. Also, you mentioned the dealer performed the 50 hour. Is that a N/H thing or just a good dealer? When I purchased my tc29, they gave me a filter and some oil to do the job myself (which I did), just curious. My first Kubota, a B7100 came with the complete 50hr service from the dealer, I don't know if the new 2910 I just purchased is supposed to or not. I love the machine so far, and it wouldn't make much difference to me anyhow. By the way, I switched to N/H multi-vis hyd. oil and had better luck in the cold weather.

09-27-2001, 06:21 Post: 32058
BillMullens

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 150 hour service

Hans-I've also found that if you have to remove the fuel bowl when the oil
filter is in place, only one bolt holds the sediment bowl/fuel line junction in place. If one removes that bolt, it makes life much easier, too. Thanks, Bill

09-27-2001, 06:23 Post: 32059
TomG

TP Contributor

150 hour service

The repair manual procedure for bleeding my 1710 is to open both filter bowl bleed screws and then open the fuel shut-off valve until air stops bubbling out the bleed ports and then repeat the procedure for the pump bleed port. Then, crank the engine at full-throttle briefly. The idea of filling the bowl before tightening is probably an improvement on the procedure, and I've done similar things. I also fill the filter bowl, shut off the fuel, tap the bowl several times and give it another shot of fuel while tightening the bleed screws. I pretty much do anything I can think of to keep air from getting past the filter bowl, because 1710 pumps are very grudging at dealing with air. However, it was a pretty easy thing to do after I got the idea that I hadn't really broken the tractor, bleeding procedure often just have to be repeated several times.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 32045 Filter by Poster:
BillMullens 2 | cutter 1 | Danny Yerks 1 | Hans Top 1 | TomG 1 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT