TC21D or somthing else: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review TC21D or somthing else: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 06-02-2001, 06:55 Post: 28874
Nick

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 TC21D or somthing else

I am confussed. I have been looking very hard at the JD4100, dealer right down the street, have done business with them in the past. So here's my problem.I looked at the Kubota 7500 and then the NH TC21D. That really screwed up my decision.Factors, I want/need a backhoe for several jobs that I have around the yard. I only have about 3 arces but I have a lot of gardens, snowplowing (we had 100 days of snow on the ground this year) and moving of dirt to do this year and coming up.I know any of the tractors could handle it, but the JD4100 scares me for not having the backhoe and I have heard is a little underpowered...I want 4 wheel drive and all the NH21D saids it's either 2wd or FWD is that front or 4?Has anyone else made these conparisons? What were your factors?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

06-02-2001, 17:46 Post: 28894
Michael

TC21D or somthing else

FWD is New Holland's way of saying 4 wheel drive. Technically, it stands for 'front wheel drive.' Don't ask me why they did it that way. On my FWD TC29, there is a lever to throw to switch from two wheel rear to four wheel drive.

06-03-2001, 08:08 Post: 28917
keith rose

TC21D or somthing else

Nick,
Mike is correct(fwd), I went thru the same thing about 1 month ago. From Jan. till april I searched for a tractor. I went with the tc29d after all my months of searching.My decision based on price, service, and servicability. I found N.H. price to be the best with the most features, service the dealer seamed great and they where the closest out of the big three. And last but not least the tractor servicability appeared to be superior over the other brands. I drove all three and N.H. I felt most comfortable with, you owe it to yourself to drive all brands you are interested in and buy what you feel most comfortable with. Hope this helps and good luck.

06-06-2001, 11:13 Post: 28970
Rich Luhr

TC21D or somthing else

John Deere feels that the 4100 frame can't take backhoe stresses, however, many landscapers and manufacturers disagree. Kelley and Bush Hog both sell backhoes which will fit the 4100, and there's a separate thread here on the CTB which talks about a frame mount quick-disconnect kit you can get for the Bush Hog. Looks very nice.

I have a NH TC18 HST, which replaced my Ford 1310 (a 20-hp tractor) with backhoe, and I feel the difference in horsepower is inconsequential. So you might consider that as a way to save about $1500. But even with TC21D or JD 4100, you'll get a great machine for your size acreage and application, I think. No need to chase higher horsepower unless you plan to do a lot of work with ground-engaging implements, or have to haul loads in the front end loader heavier than 800 lbs.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 28874 Filter by Poster:
keith rose 1 | Michael 1 | Nick 1 | Rich Luhr 1 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT