Go Bottom Go Bottom

backhoe strength

View my Photos
jssihs63
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-07-18          195499

How strong is a 3 point hitch hookup for a backhoe onto a New Holland T4.75 tractor? A sub-frame hookup is probably way stronger, but what opinions do you have on the 3 point? Thanks. John.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

backhoe strength

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-18          195501

I would not put a backhoe on any tractor's lift arms only. Sooner or later you will operate the backhoe with outriggers not down and the lift arms cannot be strong enough to support that load if pulled sideways and it happens. If with a true tack excavator you can pull the machine at times and I just do not believe any tractor lift arms can take such a side load. My 3 cents. Inflation. ....

backhoe strength

View my Photos
jssihs63
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-07-18          195503

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthompson | view 195501
I would not put a backhoe on any tractor's lift arms only. Sooner or later you will operate the backhoe with outriggers not down and the lift arms cannot be strong enough to support that load if pulled sideways and it happens. If with a true tack excavator you can pull the machine at times and I just do not believe any tractor lift arms can take such a side load. My 3 cents. Inflation.
thank you. :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login