Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TD5050 hydraulic pump failure

View my Photos
gram4trevor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-06-14          195334

My husband has a TD5050 and the pump has quit working. The problem is that the tractor only has 1500 hours and New Holland will not replace it. Its going to cost 1000 to repair this pump...
Has anyone else had this problem

Thanks,

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-15          195335

I do not recall seeing post on this being a problem but may have missed it. Why will they not replace it? Is it out of warranty by time (not sure how long they warrant in months or even years) or hours either for that matter.

View my Photos
gram4trevor

2016-06-15          195338

The place where he purchased the tractor will not replace it. The salesman for New Holland tractors is coming on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed that it will be replaced...
This happening in the middle of HAY SEASON...UGH ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-06-15          195342

Sorry on the urgency you are facing. I have a Kubota basically replaced by a John Deere (nothing against Kubota just found what I wanted in used JD but did look at used Kubota also) and thought was going to sell the Kubota. Then over the winter got to thinking so if you sell the Kubota you have one main work tractor (other is a 27 hp, a good yard tractor and such) so not much in the field. Then I thought you have had the Kubota do down in the crunch of getting ready to plant so decide to keep it. Turned out to be wise move not due to breakdown but allowed my brother to help with getting fields ready and planting as he was able to run one for me and me the other. ....

View my Photos
gram4trevor

2016-06-24          195384

We have found out that the hydralic pump was not made for
this tractor. Today we have replaced the pump and works better than it did before.
Please pass the word, that the New Holland TD5050 model will have the wrong pump...the pump that came with this tractor is too big and too much pressure.
Hope everyone reads this and doesn't get the same problem we had. Thanks, so much ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login