Go Bottom Go Bottom

2002 TN 75D new holland cab window exploded and door blew into tire

View my Photos
pilsner
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-11-04          194013

I am not sure why this is happening until I seen the frame of the cab. is rusting from the inside out and the window dividers are swelling. No water inside. First problem was the wind took the door and smashed into the back tire shattering it into a millions pieces. Then last weekend while driving the tractor the back window made a loud bang and glass went flying in all directions. In my face and hair. Scared the---- out of me. Is anybody doing anything about this???I mean if another person would have been in the cab they would have gotten hurt.I am not happy with this tractor as I feel it is a manufactures defect and not sure what to do or who to contact.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-11-06          194019

That would be scary.

Are you sure the air conditioner is not draining in the cab? No idea where the drain is but with it running or having been running parted on concrete or such should see the drainage.

Could it be the humidity is high there and you running it with windows open and then closing it up with the high humidity in there?

Heater core is not leaking is it?

Get a friend with low pressure water hose on the outside and begin low with water flowing on each seam and you inside watching for leak. Need low pressure and moving slowly. You must begin at the bottom and move up.

Have no idea how they sealed the windows but over the years sealant can fail. Had a pickup the extended cab windows both leaked and took a window person to find the leaks. But when the hoses hit them o-boy it showed up. Odd that only the sealant on those two windows was bad, no other window.

The window shattering could be related but also could have nothing to do with it. It is possible a rock from your tractor tire or another vehicle hit it. May not even when it blew. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-11-06          194020

ON the back window, you may be able to replace it with lexan. Not as clear as glass but tougher in same thickness. ....

View my Photos
pilsner

2015-11-06          194021

Thanks for the reply. Nothing in the tractor is leaking. And no rock hit the glass. I was driving down the road near my field smooth and no pot holes. You would have to see this to believe it. I will post some pictures so hopefully you can see what I am talking about.

View my Photos
pilsner

2015-11-06          194022

Thanks for the advise on the Lexan I do know what that is. I am a union ironworker as of 20 years. Have only been in wp,mo for 3 years. I installed constructional windows and their is no way possible that this problem can't be from anything other than defects in the original construction of the tractors.It looks to me like it was hidden behind the rubber that holds the windows in place. I wish I could get a New Holland Rep to come take a look at this and prove to me that it isn't from defects. Just waiting for the rest of the windows to do the same thing. Wow that will be fun to look forward to. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2015-11-06          194025

Lexan is much like plexiglass but tougher.

For a glass to shatter as you described I would think something had to hit it rather hard lick or with good speed or it was under a load such as being twisted. I have no idea how the cab mounts to the tractor but wonder if possible it could be tight enough it have no movement. It is not impossible the glass was chipped or damaged while being installed.

As to no leak in the cab: I can only think of water in the cab by high humidity, really heavy sweating by operator or dog or such, a leak into the cab, air conditioning not draining or heater core is leaking or from such as washing it or drink spell or cooler leaking. Hope you well in your hunt. kt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login