Go Bottom Go Bottom

tractor was bought brand new in 2000

View my Photos
njmanion
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-03-11          192318

My husband of 39 years knew he was running out of time with the vicious prognosis of lung cancer so being the wonderful husband he was he bought a new,New Holland TC33D that would be easy for me to use. It is a beautiful tractor but that is all.I have had it 15 years and it has 508 hours on it. It simply will not run . This summer I was told it needed a new $300 starter, it didn't help at all. For most of these last 15 years
I have had to hire my lawn mowed.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
46bugs

2015-03-12          192319

Sorry to hear about your TC33 N.H Tractor. But it is on your fuel system is the reason is wont run. First is it Gas or Diesel?

Both Fuels needs an additive. I use Locus, I have found it is the best.

And use E-bay of you needs parts. Many times you can find the same at a much cheaper price.
If you can flush the fuel system refill with new fuel and an additive. And I bet she will run.
use 46carfish at gmail and if I can I will be glad to help

Bronnie ....

View my Photos
gotowin

2015-03-12          192324

So sorry for the loss of your husband Madam. I feel that more information on your tractor would be helpful. First: has it been maintained over the last 15 years? Oil changes, fuel filter changes, battery replaced, lubrication, radiator and oil cooler cleaned? etc. Has a dealer, you, family member, friend done this maintenance? Will it crank over with the starter? Does the glow plugs work? I recently acquired this 1999 NH TC33D that would not run. Had only 356 hours showing. Had seen terrible neglect, and required extensive repairs. It now runs just fine. You can click the link below to see many pictures of this repair.
Gotowin ....

Link:   New Holland TC33D album

Picture Link
New Holland Tractors tractor  was bought brand new in 2000

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-12          192332

I've been called on to tackle several situations similar to yours. Tractors that sit in a garage for years on end can become very difficult to get running again. The primary culprit usually ends up being the fuel system.

Find somebody who is willing to help you get the fuel system drained and cleaned out. This is usually all it takes to get an old tractor running again, other than batteries and cable connections.

If you need any further help, please ask.

Best wishes to you.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login