Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC35D Tractor Glow Plugs do not work

View my Photos
rlm304
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-12-03          191561

My tc35d glow plug light will come on when I turn the ignition switch. and goes off after 5 seconds, but glow plugs do not work. Where should I start on troubleshooting?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jobone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-12-13          191633

New Holland has had a few issues with the switches on the TC tractors. They are not cheap unfortunately. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-12-18          191666

I would start at the switch and see where the current ends. Or you can check the glow plugs first to be sure they are good. They are like light bulbs, they will burn out. kt ....

View my Photos
rlm304
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-12-18          191670

Update. I unhooked the glow plug bar and tested each glow plug with a volt meter. All three had continuity. I took them out and tested them on the bench. again they all tested good. I then hooked them up to a battery and only 1 would glow. Instead of paying $44 at the New Holland dealer, I bought them at The local auto parts store for #10.99 Put them back in and tractor starts like it did when new. ....

View my Photos
jobone

2014-12-18          191673

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlm304 | view 191670
I bought them at The local auto parts store for #10.99 Put them back in and tractor starts like it did when new.

That is great news, a simple fix. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-12-19          191684

Years ago I helped a friend replace a light fixture as it was bad. How od you know, none of the light bulbs work. Guess what, the bulbs were all bad. When we got through the new fixture did not work using those bulbs to which I ask, when did the light stop working of the owner to which she said, when the last bulb stopped. Learn do the simple wear items test first. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login