Go Bottom Go Bottom

Is a New Holland the Best Tractor choice

View my Photos
Wertibnm2
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-19          183944

I am in the market for a tractor but i do not know what brand is best. Kubota, John Deere or New Holland. I really dont know the advantages and disadvantages of each. All i really need is a front loader, Snow blower and mower. If you have an idea or preference please post. Thank You.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-19          183949

Why don't you go to the sites or interest groups for each of those three, to see what kinds of problems owners of each of them are asking for help with? Make allowance for the fact that people don't tend to report when all's good, only when there's a problem, so you should adjust for how many of each brand are out there. I'd guess there's 10 Ks and JDs for every NH. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-19          183950

For NH it depends on the size. Their compacts have had some troubles with electrical and frame design. Here's a link for some light reading. ....

Link:   NH Reading

View my Photos
treeman

2012-06-20          183959

Be sure to drive them all because you want to be comfortable with the controls. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-06-20          183963

You also want to be comfortable with the dealership. Depending on where you are may find NH and Kubota at same dealer ship. If so those often give straight forward comparision. In my part of the world have never seen JD with anyother brand.

Just doing numbers in my part of the world, say 40 HP down tractors are by far Orange, then Green and very little Blue. Say 50 to 70 hp Green, then Blue and some Orange. Larger than say 80 of those three for certain Green, Blue and Orange.

Now part of that is the Orange just did not have the options and size JD and NH did and are playing years behind them in true farm size. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login