Go Bottom Go Bottom

PIN Location and or what is it

View my Photos
shiprek
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-19          175846

I recently purchased a 2004 TC30 that was used with 390 hrs. In trying to replace some of the missing parts, I often run across a comment that indicates "used after PIN HK430001" or similar wording. I have looked all over this tractor and cannot find any reference to a PIN#. The only reliable number I can find is the engine serial number. Does anyone know where I can find the PIN number? Is it located on the frame of the tractor somewhere?

Many Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-19          175847

PIN stands for product identification number, not unlike a VIN, which is a federal designation. It is found on an aluminum tag riveted to the underside of the tractor roughly under the floorboard where your left would be---at least it is on my TC33D. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-12-19          175849

I really don't know what PIN stands for but I'm guessing the number you indicate or a similar number would indicate the serial number of an engine or frame of a tractor.
An example might be S/N DTM 3500045, not a real serial number but just an example. Sometimes parts are updated to fit where the original came from but have been improved, such as, after S/N DTM 3500045. The letters preceding the number sometimes indicate what options were on the tractor when built, like the M may stand for hydro drive, T may indicate diesel engine, etc.
Hope this helps.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
shiprek

2010-12-19          175855

Thank you earthwrks, I looked mainly under the front of the tractor (this is where the number is on my Kubota)but will check beneath the floor board.

Regards
Rick ....

View my Photos
shiprek

2010-12-19          175857

Thank you Hardwood,
Earthwrks seems to think the PIN (Product Information Number) may be located under the left floor board. I am going to check it out in the morning. I assume it had something to do with permanent identification of the tractor similar to that used on a vehicle.

Regards,
Rick ....

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-19          175864

A tc33d has it on the left side of the gear case in the area of the front of the left rear tire. ....

View my Photos
shiprek

2010-12-20          175880

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiprek | view 175846
I recently purchased a 2004 TC30 that was used with 390 hrs. In trying to replace some of the missing parts, I often run across a comment that indicates "used after PIN HK430001" or similar wording. I have looked all over this tractor and cannot find any reference to a PIN#. The only reliable number I can find is the engine serial number. Does anyone know where I can find the PIN number? Is it located on the frame of the tractor somewhere?Many Thanks.

Many thanks to all of you who responded. I did in fact find the PIN tag riveted to the frame under the left floor board. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login