Go Bottom Go Bottom

So the CNH factor in Racine gets hit by Tornado

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-26          174782

The Case factory in Racine was hit by a tornado this morning. If you google it or google the local NBC or ABC station you can find pictures and articles. Took parts of the roof off, blew in doors, and blew windows out of cars. Only minor injuries so that is a relief.

The factory makes the mid-sized Magnum line of tractors so it won't impact any utility tractors anyone wants to buy.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-27          174789

Hey do you have any contacts at the plant that made my 2005 LS185.b skid steer? I have an issue since it was new with the loader pins that were drilled offest from where they need to be which makes the left rear inside of the boom rub on the motor housing (aka side sheet). Supposedly the dealer made a note of it upon delivery but the dealer and I don't do bidness anymore. The required eccentric pins are about $275 each x 6. I can do the work if you can get the pins. Thanks! ....

View my Photos
Murf

2010-10-27          174795

Somewhere in my files I have a couple of pictures taken in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in the summer of 1992.

We were working in Jamaica building out a (then) new resort when it hit, early in the season too, Mid-August.

The local farm equipment dealer had a row of tractors sitting in a line, each with a PTO irrigation pump on it spewing water out of his building. One was running a genset powering the rest of his business.

He even flaunted his water pumping capabilities by making sure the discharges were pointed well up into the air.

I don't think he could have done anything more to sell people on the need for a tractor if he'd had naked ladies sitting on them!! ;)

Best of luck.

View my Photos
Iowafun

2010-10-27          174805

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 174789
Hey do you have any contacts at the plant that made my 2005 LS185.b skid steer? I have an issue since it was new with the loader pins that were drilled offest from where they need to be which makes the left rear inside of the boom rub on the motor housing (aka side sheet). Supposedly the dealer made a note of it upon delivery but the dealer and I don't do bidness anymore. The required eccentric pins are about $275 each x 6. I can do the work if you can get the pins. Thanks!

I know people at the Wichita plant where it was made but I don't even know if that PN is still in production. Odds are they are sitting in one of the parts warehouses in NA. Do you have a PN for them that I could run down? All I can do is ask, can't get them for free, but I can ask and see what the price would be... Lots of stuff sitting in those warehouses... ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login