Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
mkow1969
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-16          174620

I don't see much posted on line about the New Holland T1010's so I thought I'd share my experience if anyone is looking for an opinion...

I Love this tractor. I have owned it for 2 years and mow grass, plow snow, rototiller, brush hog, and every single time I use it I am more impressed.

It's 20 hp and I haven't run out of power for what I need to do with it. Seat is comfortable and all the controls are accessible and easy to find on the fly.

Never been stuck with the 4wd and loader. Even backed my self out of a ditch last winter with the front blade thanks to the ag tires.

Love the tractor and local NH dealer has always been there for any questions or service.

Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-17          174623

No, thank YOU. Most of our comments are questions, then complaints. Accolades are too few and always welcome. Keep us posted.

Is that the model with the fancy front-end design for tighter turns? ....

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-10-17          174625

Mkow;
Yes thanks for the report and welcome to the group.
When compact tractors first began to catch my intrest the first ones I actually looked at were the Ford/NH, "Boomer" was their catch phrase then, I don't know if they still use that term. This was on a road trip where a dealer had a real nice display out front, so we stoped and looked them over. It was too far from home and we don't have a local dealership nearby so I ended up with green ones from a local dealership. That has worked out real well as I'm sure a ford/NH would have too, had they been more local.
Frank. ....

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-17          174627

Frank's talking well about blues? Okay, where's Frank and what have you done with him?

Yeah, I'm curious about the "fancy steering" aka Super Steer on that model. Purrty sure it doesn't come with it; my TC33D (33 hp) has it. ....

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-10-17          174628

EW;
Hard to say something bad when I never had one.
This was well before lower Michigan had indoor plumbing, too long ago to remember much about them!!!! ....

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
mkow1969

2010-10-18          174634

Earthwrks, you are correct. The super steer option isn't available on the subcompacts. There is an option for the sensitrac (auto 4wd) and an option for a cruise control. I haven't had the need for either at this point but I suppose they would be nice to have.

My first experience with the NH subcompact was the TZ18DA. I put over a hundred hours on the tractor when I noticed a problem with the seat mounts. The deck was cracking. So I stopped and talked to my dealer in Lockport NY and they said no problem as this was covered under warranty.

It was then that I noticed a new T1010 in the showroom. Silly me asked how much to keep my loader and mmm and swap out the tractors. To my surprise it was a deal I could not pass up. Again, my sales person is a great guy. My wife said to go ahead and 2 days later I had another new tractor.

My hat is off the NH marketing and engineering. Any complaints or concerns I had on the TZ18DA were fixed on the T1010. I felt like I was sliding forward in the seat on the TZ... on the T1010 the steering column is raised a few inches and I think the angle on the seat was corrected. The foot pedals were corrected on the T1010... break on the left. Reverse speed was increased on the T1010. On the TZ I felt reverse was a little slow so when I was plowing snow I'd end up backing up in high gear.
One last thing that was improved was the creep on the TZ. I almost went through my garage door the first time I used it. I would have to tap the reverse pedal to get it to stop. If I let go of the forward pedal on the T1010 I almost come out of my seat.

Again.... Loved the TZ18DA. Great tractor. The T1010 just seemed to have a few improvements.

Never really drove the other subcompacts out there but I'm sure they are all good. I just happened to have a great dealer within 4 miles of my house.

Thanks for the responses guys. I could talk tractor all day!

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
auerbach

2010-10-19          174645

Mkow, don't suppose your wife has an available sister? ....

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-10-19          174647

Mkow;
You probably should increase your budget for the wife's birthday present after the way she is treating you, maybe a tractor to match for her.
Seriously tho, your statement about your dealership being good to you. We've been preaching that around here for a long time, the color of the tractor isn't half as important as how a dealership treats their customers.
Enjoy your new tractor.
Frank.

PS; Don;t pay much attention to me and Ole EW giving each other a dig now and then, that's how I keep him awake. ....

New Holland T1010

View my Photos
mkow1969

2010-10-19          174667

Yep, I'm blessed with a good wife... :-)

Have either of you guys had the chance to see a subcompact work with the backhoe attachment? I've been interested in one for a while but not sure about making the purchase. Well, pretty sure I don't need it but it would be fun to play with. I'd imagine it would be good for digging some trenches. Problem is, it's a real expensive toy.

Thanks

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login