Go Bottom Go Bottom

tc40da starting problem

View my Photos
kdsrgone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-11-30          167088

TC40DA won't start, think it is the neutral saftey switch. Past few days had to wiggle the range selector lever to get it to start. Started a couple times that way today then nothing. Just dead. I know the switch is in the transmission housing, but is there any adjustment or is it a replace the switch scenario?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tc40da starting problem

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-11-30          167092

If that wiggling results in your wriggling in the seat I'd check the seat switch and or the connections and wires; leaning or biasing your weight to one side will deactivate the switch. ....

tc40da starting problem

View my Photos
kdsrgone

2009-11-30          167097

Earthworks,
Seat switch is the first thing I checked, even held it down manually. Wiggling may have been too strong a term - I merely had to move the lever gently around the neutral position to find a place where the neutral switch made contact. New switch being picked up at Messick's tomorrow and hopefully that cures the problem. There is no adjustment to that particular switch and as far as the service manager is aware, they've never replaced one. ....

tc40da starting problem

View my Photos
kdsrgone

2009-12-04          167207

Update on the problems:

Was able to easily bypass the neutral safety switch in the field and finish the job the machine was on. Picked up the new switch at the dealer (model run part # change - naturally mine was the older, more expensive replacement!)and will replace tomorrow in the shop where I can work on nice smooth concrete vs in about 8" of mud where the machine was sitting! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login