Go Bottom Go Bottom

Help with TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-17          165011

Hey guys,

Last winter my TC29 (standard shift) started making funny noises when picking up the 3ph when it was cold out. Sometimes the lift was jerky and slow. I could alleviate the problem by putting a propane heater under it for a while before starting; and it worked fine if the temperature was in the 50's or better.

The first chance I got I drained about 4 gallons of the fluid and added fresh fluid and changed the hydraulic filter.

But it didn't help.

Now I'm worried it was iced up the first time and I damaged the hydraulic pump. Although I can't explain why it works fine (not noisy or jerky) in warmer weather.

Would it be worthwhile to change the fluid completely before diving into the mechanicals? The tractor has about 800 hours on it and has had all scheduled fluid and filter changes.
Thanks,
Bill

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-17          165039

If you had damaged the pump, your post would read much different LOL. I wouldn't worry about. The book says there is 8.6 gallons plus the filter. And it needs to be NH 134 oil which is like water. The book shows three drain plugs. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2009-08-18          165068

When I had mine, I drained the entire unit and replaced all the filters. NH makes what they refer to as a "semi-synthetic", can't recall the exact name, but it is great for cold climates. Mine quit squealing and slow motion once changed over. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2009-08-18          165077

I may have to try some different fluid, I suppose. It is a pain because my nearest NH dealer is over an hour away.

Don't know why it was fine for 7 years and then started acting this way.

I'll try to get it figured out before winter.

Thanks,
Bill ....

View my Photos
cutter

2009-08-18          165082

I wonder if there are other synthetic fluids you could substitute. Of course, you will need to purchase filters so that may mean a trip to the dealer anyway. Good luck Bill. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login