Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC55DA PTO does not disengage and therefore tractor will not start

View my Photos
mrdaveone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-11          164859

I was mowing grass today with a 7-1/2 ft Wide Woods Mower. The PTO seemed to be engaging and disengaging when mowing. When I went to shut-off the tractor, I could not disengage the PTO...I turned off the tractor and about 1 hour later, I tried to start the tractor and it would not start...I pressed on the PTO linkage with a bar to force linkage to disengaged position, but tractor would not start...also, when the PTO was engaged, the PTO lever was not able to completely lower...also, ever since we had the tractor the PTO lever was pretty hard to pull back to disengaged.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-12          164878

Might be a combination a couple things: a stick or small limb jammed up beteween the fender and the control linkage and/or the same twig has disconnected the wiring connector at the switch. My TC33D has had this happen several times.

If that doesn't solve it check for a blown fuse and be sure you sitting in the seat. Don't be like me and try to start it at 10 below--take the fuel system apart--only to figger out, "oh yeah I have to be sitting in the seat". DOH! ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-12          164886

No idea how the NH set up is but on my small Kubota went to use it one day and would not start. Humm Played with it and all levels with key being held and wow, with pushing pot level all the way one certain direction within the neutral area it fired right up. Went to adjust the safety swith and thought, nope anti theft device. ....

View my Photos
mrdaveone

2009-08-12          164888

Thank you for your feedback!
I have traced the linkage, which I should have done three (3) years ago and found a big fat rubber electrical receptacle interferring with the PTO linkage...the linkage now works freely as it should...the machine still does not start.
1. I still need to locate the PTO interlock...I believe the PTO needs to be disengaged to start.
2. I did check fuses and found them to be good and also cleaned the fuse manifold with motor cleaner (this worked last spring since the manifold was very dirty and corroded in the spring).

Once I locate and check interlock connection I will post my progress. Not sure where exactly its located, but will look near PTO and wheel well. ....

View my Photos
mrdaveone

2009-08-18          165079

I was able to locate the PTO interlock switch located under the driver's seat "skin"...had to take 6 small bolts to take the seat off cab,3 bolts on the wheel well, and popped off the PTO rubber grip...then I had a good visual view of the interlock switch...from years of driving with a "rubber socket" in the linkage, the linkage bent and would not engage the switch when the PTO lever is in the PTO disengaged position...merely had to poxy a 1/8" small washer on the linkage "paddle" so it comes into contact with the switch when PTO is in the "off" position...PTO lever works great now and tractor now starts...looking back at this fix, could of also cut the PTO lever slot so it is longer...took about 2 hours to remove/reinstall seat and panel, and glue washer...let dry overnight and worked fine next day...care should be used when using poxy glue since you can risk it gluing the linkage joint ridgit or interferring with smooth linkage operation if the glue goes where it shouldn't. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-08-18          165081

Glad you got it working. ....

View my Photos
curtsaket

2016-09-07          195753

Hi, there is a pto hydraulic controle valve located under your seat twards front. I beleive it is stuck in closed position. If you remove the seat , clean it and lube the linkage joints it may fix it.. If that doesn't fix it you need a controle valve.which is a bit costly. We have repaired a few of them. Curt , ....

View my Photos
curtsaket

2016-09-07          195756

Hi, there is a pto hydraulic controle valve located under your seat twards front. I beleive it is stuck in closed position. If you remove the seat , clean it and lube the linkage joints it may fix it.. If that doesn't fix it you need a controle valve.which is a bit costly. We have repaired a few of them. Curt , ....

View my Photos
rlm304

2016-09-07          195757

I had a similar problem with m tc35d, Tilt the seat forword and clean the PTO linkage. To do a good job,, I had to remove the seat to get more room After powerwashing I lubed the linkage and it solved the problem This a reocurring problem when using the bushhog. Hope this helps

View my Photos
rlm304

2016-09-07          195758

The cleaning under the seat solved both problems. The lever now operates fully in both directions.. Also is easy to use the lever again

View my Photos
46bugs

2016-09-08          195759

I own a New Holland TN60-A and just spent $12,500.00 on fixing the Transmission and PTO that all to pieces and I think and the N.H. Service man told me that N.H. Tractors was Junk all of them. I know I will never own another one. That is for sure.
I also keep my tractors Clean as I can and end of season give them a Good Cleaning.I don't let gunk build up on my equipment. never have.

I was talking to a farmer at N.H.Dealership the other day and he bought a new N.H.6 x6 rolled baler use it in the spring and started to cut hay and when he started to bale,something wasn't right,he said he called the N.H.Dealer and they said it was the belts. The Baler was there and one belt was against the side and wore down into the wire of the belts. he said as I do New Holland is JUNK. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login