Go Bottom Go Bottom

NH 1520 Diverter Block

View my Photos
MINW1520
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-19          162836

Could someone direct me to a good used parts site / or source for my 1520 (# SBD340016640??) In hind site this is a bit of a lame set up, but for what i need the machine to do it works - but is a nuisance... Lesson here is dont try to (play) or use / set diverter control at any middle setting, then operate loader under any real load. Youll be doing what Im am right now as one of the canals in the block casting will fail thne you'll be using the 4 way loader control to move your 3 point up & down (its a nice look...)

Also just until this past winter the machine has ALWAYS been an excellent cold start, and to use the block heater even was rare. Now even with warm temps it wont even go easily and think its something in preheat set up (glow plugs). Ive bled fuel system from everywhere & checked for filter & line obstrucitons.. nothing here. Any suggestions or known bullitens for my symptoms?
Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NH 1520 Diverter Block

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-19          162847

Could be just crappy fuel. I live in SE Michigan and it happens. The other day I bought 5 gallons for a fire. It burned as half as flammable as usual. And I buy all my fuel for my trucks and equipment there too so maybe I need to go elsewhere. ....

NH 1520 Diverter Block

View my Photos
MINW1520

2009-05-20          162861

thanks but Im a few tankfulls and from different filing stations down the road, but sure wish it was that easy....

By the way, looking at your persona you win,aand got a lot more stuff than I do, so do you know a fairly decent used partts suppier locally or via web youve dealt with

As always, thanks fro the input ....

NH 1520 Diverter Block

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-20          162862

Unless I'm missing something, a diverter is no big deal to find and their pretty reasonable price.

Any decent hydraulic supply outfit will have them in various sizes and layouts, i.e. push.pull knobs, lever style, electric, etc., so is there something special about the one you need?

Best of luck. ....

NH 1520 Diverter Block

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-05-20          162866

I'm not sure how the 1520 compares to my TC33D hydro but the service manual calls it a "combination system relief and divertor valve". It is a machined steel block with banjo-fittings and such on it--not off the shelf by any means. Perhaps if you knew the flow circuits I suppose you could rig one up. Buuuut I'd lean toward OEM, especially when you consider finding the right fittings and possibly new hoses.

As far as source for aftermarket or used parts, my New Holland machines are relatively too new to have many used parts available. For new parts I buy from www.Messicks.com in PA.

eBay is a good source if I had to find something quickly.

Murf, yer slippin' ol' boy--"their"? Been hangin' 'roun' Kenny too long I see. LOL Are you feeling a little "lose"? ....

NH 1520 Diverter Block

View my Photos
MINW1520

2009-06-02          163132

earthwkrs:

You hit it on the screws, yea lots & lots of channels in the block (appx dimensions 2"h x 4"l x 2"w, and its heavy hardended steel...) My approach was really at the local dealer suggestion!!! as he sensed the tractor was old enough that it likely theres a few of them out there for parts by now, and his list price for a new one: $4-450. So I thouught I might nudge about some to see if I could pick up a used one from somebodys parts unit for a fraction, add that it being a recreational tool hobby toy more than my livelihood that also still functions. (Okay, albeit knucklehead-style via the 4way loader control...) and well, in that Im in real estate here in my day job here in Michigan, were not too flush w/cash these days for something thats not dire... Im sure youre picing up what Im saying... thank You for your input!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login