Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tree spade with 1710

View my Photos
fmtrvt
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-04-11          161937

Guys,

I have a Vermeer TS-20 3pt tree spade that will fit on my '84 1710, but it does not have self contained hydraulics like my BH does.

I did pick up a rear remote kit ($300-$400) by an accessory company a few years ago that I never installed. It has an adapter plate that goes between a cover on the right side of the 3pt housing with hoses, valve and connectors. But another tractor owner once told me that would interfere with my FEL operation, so it never fully installed.

So the questions for someone more experienced then I am, should I go with the remote kit or come up with another PTO pump and reservoir so the Tree Spade is self contained like the hoe? Not sure if the native 1710 hydraulics are up to this, either.

And does anyone have a good source for hydraulic reservoirs that I could use on the TS? I have one on the ARPS BH, but that one needs to stay there.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tree spade with 1710

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-04-11          161943

Like a BH, a TS has multiple cylinders. But unlike a BH, you operate one at a time, so your internal pump might do the job. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login