TC34 DA vs. 35DA: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review TC34 DA vs. 35DA: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-16-2007, 21:57 Post: 138882
praha4752

TP Contributor

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

Hi all,
I am about to purchase my first tractor and I have a question for you , experienced "tractorists".
TC 34 vs. TC 35 /almost 1000 lb weight diff./. I want to clean some woods, like 5 ac's /bush,3" trees etc.with a grapple loader/, and move some dirt. I also want to buy a small tree extractor. I don't remember what they exactly call it..600 dollars thing.

Do I need a heavy machine like TC35 / 3400lb/ or a lighter tractor will be better??/TC 34/?
I know ,that HP/weight ratio for TC 35 is not THAT great. OR , would TC 34 be able to handle the grapple? Thanks for your time in advance.

Joe

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

01-18-2007, 15:41 Post: 138895
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

IMHO (and experience) I think you need to ask yourself:

After I get all this heavy work done what will be the need for the CUT afterward?

Is money a consideration?

I have a TC33D and wouldn't consider using it for digging out stumps (other members do use their's)---fine to medium grading and brush hogging are fine though and light loader work like moving loose dirt or mulch).

Personally I hate to see any CUT put through its paces doing work a real backhoe, properly-equipped skid steer loader, small dozer, or mini-excavator (rental or hired) should be doing.

But I'm jis' sayin'...

01-18-2007, 19:35 Post: 138897
praha4752

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

thanks.

01-18-2007, 21:54 Post: 138900
ncrunch32

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

I would think that 1000 lb weight difference would make a big difference. I would go for the heavier weight if you want to use a grapple and extract trees. The more weight, the less you will have a wheel in the air when you are pulling and lifting this stuff out of the ground.

01-18-2007, 22:29 Post: 138901
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

If you're wanting to use the grapple, the bigger the better for the tractor. And 'Crunch is right about lifting a a tire.

Quick-attach forks or clamp-on bucket forks might be a alternative. If you look on eBay there are several guys selling individual grapple arms that can be welded to your bucket or even pallet fork frame. They're about $250-$350 each---might get away with just one. Don't buy the economy model. You get what you pay for Smile

Also keep in mind the weight of the grapple itself---depending on style and mfg.----it alone could be more than the 34DA is rated for. My avatar to the left shows something like my skid steer loader. It has a 6' wide industrial (solid flat bottom vs. open or "root"Wink yeah right grapple made by Bobcat. It weighs about 800 lb., which comes right off the rated load capacity of 2500lb. and 5500lb. tipping. I've been able to pick up entire cars from the side and move them to the ditch for pickup. And price varies drastically for grapples as well which is comensurate with quality and durability. Mine listed for $5200, paid $3700. You can find others for $1500-1700 but they may not last as long and can bend the arms easily (seen many down here that were scrapped after a few uses---they were "manure or forage grapples"Wink yeah right, and the cutting edges are welded-on and wear down quickly if used on anything but dirt (a worn-out one will look like a tiger with overbite). Grapples hold their value though---I picked one up a fairly new one for $300 that had a broken off arm and broken hydraulic cylinder (someone tipped the machine over with the loader raised into a ditch). $200 in parts and my labor and sold it for $1500. Could have gotten got more if I waited longer.

01-19-2007, 06:58 Post: 138906
praha4752

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

You guys are right, I did it when I was younger, bought cheap and regreted it. Don't do it any more, but since they have a tc 34 available and 35 has to be ordered and since power /weight ratio is the worse of all Boomers /salesman said/ and since tc 35 is not a good seller , I just wanted to know your opinion.
I am a total newbie in this field. I've spent at least 100 hours on the net to see what is available , what might be suitable etc. Now, finally, I know what I want, what brand.

I am AMAZED how many attachments one get, the "tools" for everything. Those attachments are def. an alternative, I mean thats the way to go, at least in my case.
And yes, I believe bigger is better, but with my F 150 5,4 motor I am limited.
The tractor will have to travel..... My trailer is 1700 lbs. The tractor should be around 3500 # no more , I think.
I can't pull more than 8000 lbs. Again I may be wrong...but thats where I am right now. Thanks again......and I will contribute to this site.No problem here.

Joe

01-19-2007, 11:28 Post: 138912
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

They have to order a 35? The dealers I know just call up another dealer and make a deal or swap to get you what you want. They might be trying to get you to buy something off lot. I read somewhere here that the TC33/34/35 use the same motor so I'm not so sure there is big real-world difference in power to weight ratio when it comes to tractors, especially when talking hydrostatic drives. A lot has to with gearing or hydraulic advantage. (For example I have a manlift that weighs over 8,000 lb but is powered by a 20hp gas engine.)

01-27-2007, 19:59 Post: 139214
WVNHTC35

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

I have a 2003 NH TC35, I started with a TC29 and it was TOO SMALL for any large woods work, I have heard a lot of people say the 35 doesnt have enough engine BUT if you go with the gear drive you wont be sorry, I have used mine since new now with 400+ hours on it and it has never let me down, It is used on over 200 acres and has pulled alot of timber up out of the woods some up to 24+ " in diameter, The 35 is a GREAT machine!

-Mike

01-28-2007, 10:45 Post: 139224
praha4752

TP Contributor

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

Thanks Mike,

I never test drove any NH tractor, I was going to yesterday, but I've got stuck at JD dealer. Then I went to see Mahindra 35 HP tractor and run out of time.
I really liked JD 33 HP tractor with the big tires/24/. I test drove it/hydro/, it has a big tractor feeling. They did not have 35HP available, but for a test drive purpose only it's the same.
I gotta go back to see NH dealer....
How difficult is to shift back and forth when using a loader?
Mahindra/gear/ was easy. JD hydro super easy.
NH TC 35A is a gear/12x12/??, I believe.

Thanks,
Joe

01-28-2007, 15:41 Post: 139272
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 TC34 DA vs. 35DA

My buddy has a 35hp Mahindra which is not garage-kept. It's not even a yer old and it is rusting in spots that it shouldn't--like control levers, brackets, in btween th weld seams on the rear fenders. The front hood is palstic and has very poor fitment to the side curtains which are rubbing badly and worn. It's a quiet machine though.

My NH TC33D is so easy to drive that when my niece was 3 she could drive it (standing between my legs so I'm still in control). For loader IMHO hydro is the only way to go--quicker and offers much less operator fatigue. It's more cost on the front end but worth it. And it makes mowing twice as fast too if you're backing into areas.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 138882 Filter by Poster:
Blueman 1 | earthwrks 5 | kwschumm 1 | ncrunch32 1 | oneace 4 | praha4752 9 | WVNHTC35 2 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT