TC-33DA Selective Rear Wheel Braking: New Holland Tractor Review  -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum and Review TC-33DA Selective Rear Wheel Braking: New Holland Tractor Review -- New Holland Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 12-17-2004, 08:45 Post: 102415
JackHardman

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 TC-33DA Selective Rear Wheel Braking

How can I maintain forward headway while applying the left rear wheel brake? Because the brake pedals are on the same side as the HST rocker pedal, Because my right foot is applying the brake, I have to engage the Cruise Control to maintain ground speed, but the minute I apply the left rear wheel brake the tractor stops. Depressing the Left (only) rear brake pedal disengages Cruise Control. I need a third foot to hold the rocker pedal down!

How do I make a tight left turn without scuffing at the front wheels? This is epecially a problem with Super Steer while trying to make a really tight left turn.

Seems like another ivory tower design to me.

I know that Kubota Grand L does not have this problem. J-D puts the brakes on the left side so as to not conflict witht he right fot operated motion control pedals.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

12-17-2004, 09:24 Post: 102419
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Differential braking is a carry-over feature from the ole' days when farm tractors were used almost exclusively for, well, FARMING......

They were to enable course corrections under full power while, for instance, working the earth with a plow or disc's. When there is a big load being pulled the tendancy is for the load to steer the tractor instead of the other way around. In these circumstances the tractor's throittle is set with the hand throttle and the foot is free to use the brakes.

In the use of a CUT as a chore machine there is very little need for differential braking, but it is still offered on almost all of them, but today mostly Ithink because in other parts of the world these are STILL used for pure agricultural operations.

Best of luck.

12-17-2004, 13:40 Post: 102436
denwood

So some manufacturers are following an anti-evolutionary path? They are getting rid of useful things and keeping useless ones. Gone are the 2 speed rear PTO common on older japanese tractors, good for low HP requiring attachments like cement mixers, water pumps, sprayers, small generators. Gone on some models are the position control 3 point hitches(to save a couple dollars). But still here are those dang useless steering brakes. I agree, they are all but useless with a loader on because of the weight transfer to the front, but I still like them for mowing and backing trailers in very tight quarters and in the woods to get closer to firewood. It was certainly a factor in buying JD. New Holland cant make up their mind, not that they even build them, but on the larger TC35 and up, cuts, the brakes are on the usable side

12-17-2004, 14:29 Post: 102439
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

You just can't believe how much fun differential braking can be under the right conditions.....

Every year I clear a couple of skating areas, one on my pond, one on the lake in front of my cottage.

At a moderate speed a one-wheel brake lock will make a CUT do the closest thing to a figure skater's spin you could imagine, it's true what they say, laughter IS good for the soul.

The wife thinks I'm an absolute nut-bar, but then she thinks that way most of the time anyways.

Best of luck.

12-17-2004, 19:49 Post: 102457
nhrockcrusher

I find myself using the differential brakes quite often on my 1715. Working around the hills of northern Ky. the ability to brake an uphill wheel that is loosing traction is a big help. Not that I drive on slopes that are dangerously steep. I have a differential lock but find myself using the brakes more often than the lock. Think I would be disappointed ,in my application, with a machine that I didn't have the ability to brake a slipping wheel.

12-17-2004, 21:13 Post: 102462
brokenarrow

Filter by User

The few times I have had the need to use it, I was sure glad they still had it. Of course I do not have your problem for I have a gear trany. There are somethings that should be on a tractor just because. Like your hydo, I feel it is creature comfort or a usless add on. It adds on to the price. That is only my feeling for hydro. I dont think I need it. Honestly I dont. Maybe it goes back to why we bought the tractor we did? Did you not know that the others had a better design? If so why did you buy the New holland? Better yet why did you buy a hydro? Laughing out loud

03-09-2005, 13:03 Post: 107661
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

My TC33D is the same way. At first I would throw my left leg over the hump an use my toe to depress the left barke. That didn't last long. Anymore I keep the cruise on, keep the pedals unlatched and use the right brake only. Gotta wonder who designs these things. Brokenarrow, did you noticee I didn't say "builds these things"? Laughing out loud

Hey brokenarrow, are you looking for a replacement for "you- know-what" that your neighbor used to let you borrow? My buddy bought my old L555 when I bought the LS180.

03-12-2005, 00:23 Post: 107816
brokenarrow

Filter by User

Earthwrks
Laughing out loud Good one!!! I actually am afraid whats going to happen when I get back to work somewhere. I am supposed to save a quick 20K for 2 of the kids college fund. (we are giving each kid 10K for college) I already have the first kids put away so I only need 20 more. After that though I think the ls185 heat/air cab will be in my driveway ASAP. I need to controll my self and NOT buy it till there is a heck of a deal going and I hate to say it but maybe it would be in my best intrest to buy it right away if we back to work for cnh (if we get that offer before I get the new job). The discount is worth alot.
See I am talking myself into putting the toys ahead of even getting a job yet.

03-12-2005, 05:25 Post: 107818
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

BROKENARROW: Keep talking! (Financial)Misery loves company! On a same but different topic, NH bought back my LS180. Hey, since I signed the papers the other day for a new LS185.B (read: one more loyal customer wants to keep us working---gee-wiz), how's about "walking" it down the line for me huh---buddy--a fellow TP.com'er? Why, you ask? I tested a new one last week and the paint quality was for crap---it looked like they used a DA sander on the cab with 80 Grit sandpaper to prep it. Then lighly dusted it with paint. Although, when the sun shines on it, it sort of looks like reflective DOT tape----neat-o--another one of Ford's "Better Idaes"! And the edges of the yellow paint you can still see bare metal. Uh-uh! As George Bush Sr. would say, "Not gunna dooo it" Laughing out loud

So what do you say---buddy ol' pal? It's supposed to be delivered mid-April to "J ann R Tractor L.L.C." in Monroe, Michigan. It will have 2-spds, regular hydraulics, full cab enclosure and heat, hydraulic-powered quick attach plate, remote battery jump posts, and optional heater for hydraulic system and engine (so they tell me).
Gimme somethin' good to say about NH Smile
But seriously, can you find out anything?

03-12-2005, 10:38 Post: 107833
oneace

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

He would have a long drive. Skid loaders are built in Witchata KS He is in WI.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > New Holland Tractor Review Forum

Thread 102415 Filter by Poster:
brokenarrow 4 | denwood 1 | earthwrks 4 | JackHardman 1 | Murf 2 | nhrockcrusher 1 | oneace 1 |

Most Viewed

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Frame broke in Half
+ Boomer 8N CVT
+ TN-75 reliability question
+ AG vs Industrial Tires
+ Ls Tractors Rebadged New Hollands?
+ New Holland TC29D rear hydraulics
+ Need advice before Buying Ford NH 1720 tractor
+ NH 7308 LOADER ON , OFF....
+ New Holland TZ25 DA - not feeling the love!
+ TC25 Boomer Vs. Kubota B2400

Most Discussion

+ New Holland TC33D Tractor Fram
+ Liquid Tire Ballast
+ JD 4210 or TC35D????
+ New Holland TC 33D Hydraulics
+ TC 33D Blowing Fuses
+ Lights on ROPS
+ Buying TC34DA
+ Diesel Fuel
+ TC25D rear pto shaft broken
+ Boomer 8N CVT